December 2020 Acquisitions

Little haul ...

ACtC-3fC8iMiThwZMyzFCcB6C_UyPgXcq8hOckPcFsbIiaQr541Ie408qQXTkiM7yN9dh57ua_x1aiDBDHQQG8Xk1zgeIZQtt872mLaKbI8Fbz48IBOXic1YWChI1GdPRsIDW38dSgwGpDiWRLMBQuifqcBwLw=w800

RazoRock Puros Soap & Aftershave < I've used before, enjoyed and regretted selling on now
RazoRock 400 Limited Edition Synthetic
Vintage brush (Culmak?) in Vulfix travel tube
I like the Puros very much, and I find that Aramis Tobacco Reserve EDP goes well with it.

Now then what soap for what pot?

Mitchell's ... all of 'em! :ROFLMAO:

How about take all the classic shave sticks and grate them into the requisite number of pots? Arko, Derby, Wilko, Palmolive & LEA ... Partridge, Deer, Grouse, Squirrel & Duck (nice sub-theme, there) ... something special for the Peacock, say, a puck of that Hampshire WoolFat ... Tabac in the Pewter?

Last edited:
Noted. Cheers! It's one that's on my list. I had Aramis Havana a while ago but let it go as I wasn't all that enamoured with it but Tobacco Reserve does get talked up by folks that like my kind of frags.

Aramis TB has been discontinued sadly, L'Occitane Eau des Baux is the closest thing to it still available by all accounts.

Mitchell's ... all of 'em! :ROFLMAO:

How about take all the classic shave sticks and grate them into the requisite number of pots? Arko, Derby, Wilko, Palmolive & LEA ... Partridge, Deer, Grouse, Squirrel & Duck (nice sub-theme, there) ... something special for the Peacock, say, a puck of that Hampshire WoolFat ... Tabac in the Pewter?
I like that idea,
I got the sheepdog rounding up sheep to farm with lad sleeping scene for the HWF, which started this off.
Some of @BrianH sig-soaps will deffo be going in, William's mug shaving soap is another.

Aramis TB has been discontinued sadly, L'Occitane Eau des Baux is the closest thing to it still available by all accounts.
That's a real *******! I think it came out only a couple of years ago as well. I still have most of the 100ml bottle, so it's a matter of eking it out. When I find something I really like (usually shaving consumables, clothes, footwear and occasionally photographic gear), I try to have a small stock or a backup, as I know darn well that the next time I go to buy some, it'll be discontinued, sold out and not repeated, or otherwise lost to me. I've mistimed this one, for sure.

That's a real *******! I think it came out only a couple of years ago as well. I still have most of the 100ml bottle, so it's a matter of eking it out. When I find something I really like (usually shaving consumables, clothes, footwear and occasionally photographic gear), I try to have a small stock or a backup, as I know darn well that the next time I go to buy some, it'll be discontinued, sold out and not repeated, or otherwise lost to me. I've mistimed this one, for sure.

I discovered it when trying to buy some earlier this month, the prices had gone from £20 per bottle to £60!

its listed on ebay right now
Gamechanger Open Comb
Noted. Cheers! It's one that's on my list. I had Aramis Havana a while ago but let it go as I wasn't all that enamoured with it but Tobacco Reserve does get talked up by folks that like my kind of frags.
Yeah, I can find it for £50-£90 a bottle. Damn it! Oh, well ...

You could try TK Maxx? I know they were selling it a little while back.
I'll pop into my local store tomorrow and see if they have any in stock.

Enabled by Brian @culcreuch and his brilliant upcycling idea, i have been on the hunt for some nice relish pots for my soaps.
View attachment 62066View attachment 62067View attachment 62068View attachment 62070View attachment 62071
German vintage Pewter dish.View attachment 62072
Japanese trinket box.
View attachment 62073
Now then what soap for what pot?

What I wouldn't give to own the Japanese themed pot !
The peony's and peacock are lovely
A very good find imo

Back
Top Bottom