Close to Shulton Old Spice aftershave?

The Shulton formulation of Old Spice was way before my time, so sadly I never got to try it. The P & G version is the only one I have ever known. I vividly remember the adverts from the 1980s, though, with the surfer riding the waves and that soaring, masculine music. Most of my friends used to take the piss out of Old Spice when I was younger, but I always defended it. I could never have realised back then that I would end up wearing it myself when I was older. The modern formulation is as weak as cats' piss, but it still has a special place in my heart. Everyone's grandfather used to have a bottle of it in their bathroom cabinet, I am sure.

Yeah Old Spice was quite uncool when I was a teenager but now I'm closer to the age my grandad was then, the warm glow of nostalgia kicks in.

In fact I currently have a bottle of the Old Spice 'Sex Panther' shower gel, or whatever they call it. Added to cart while doing tesco online shopping on impulse (yeah, with a nod to the Impulse ad from the 80s!)

My first bottle of Tabac was given to me as a 'secret Santa' when I was in the Scouts! I absolutely love it now, its not my 'best' frag but it's the one I wear most days just for myself.

Yeah Old Spice was quite uncool when I was a teenager but now I'm closer to the age my grandad was then, the warm glow of nostalgia kicks in.

In fact I currently have a bottle of the Old Spice 'Sex Panther' shower gel, or whatever they call it. Added to cart while doing tesco online shopping on impulse (yeah, with a nod to the Impulse ad from the 80s!)

My first bottle of Tabac was given to me as a 'secret Santa' when I was in the Scouts! I absolutely love it now, its not my 'best' frag but it's the one I wear most days just for myself.
Ah, yes. I remember those Impulse adverts from the 1980s as well. That seemed to have completely disappeared sometime in the mid 1990s, because that's when the adverts for it stopped. I wasn't wearing aftershave back then, though, so the chance to try it never came.

I have been wearing Tabac for a LONG time now. I wouldn't say that it is something that I would wear if I was going out somewhere special, but as an everyday aftershave it's fine. The scent of it is strangely reminiscent of that certain talcum powder that my mother used when I was very young...

Shulton Old Spice readily available on ebay
Some good deals to be had
Mmm, I am a little cautious about some of the Shulton Old Spice AS on eBay now after being made aware that it is really easy to fill a empty Shulton bottle with new aftershave and flogging it on as genuine Shulton.
I'm sure this is not the case for all sellers but how do you know what is kosher! :)

Paul.

Mmm, I am a little cautious about some of the Shulton Old Spice AS on eBay now after being made aware that it is really easy to fill a empty Shulton bottle with new aftershave and flogging it on as genuine Shulton.
I'm sure this is not the case for all sellers but how do you know what is kosher! :)

Paul.
Yes you’ve right to be concerned but buy from a reputable person & you’ll be fine.
You have to remember there’s absolutely thousands going around it was readily available almost everywhere.
It’s not rare.
If i’m in any doubt i don’t buy it

Would you be kind enough to give me a link to your man on eBay in a PM please.
Thank you.

Paul
Paul they are not from any particular individual
I think if you go down that road you could be asking for trouble.
i don’t buy from the states either.
All just uk sellers with good feedback & condition of the boxes are crucial to me,
i want them bashed, battered & bruised.
if a 59 year box looks pristine i would be asking questions

Paul they are not from any particular individual
I think if you go down that road you could be asking for trouble.
i don’t buy from the states either.
All just uk sellers with good feedback & condition of the boxes are crucial to me,
i want them bashed, battered & bruised.
if a 59 year box looks pristine i would be asking questions
Ok, cheers Mike, I shall have a good look before I buy, thanks for the tips.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom