Close to Shulton Old Spice aftershave?

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really miss the long gone Shulton Old Spice aftershave,
Is there an aftershave or even a EDT / EDP out there that is even anywhere close to the wonderful original Old Spice aftershave, or am I stuck with the poor imitation Old Spice aftershave from India?

I thank you in advance of any information you can supply me.

Paul.

I think the main difference between Shulton and modern is the muskiness and a strong hint (if that's a thing) of aniseed. Blend a modern bottle 80/20 with Brut Splash-on (for the anise and dry oakmoss which will pick up the muskiness a tad), maybe?

Eyes peeled also, for recommendations.
Well that's got the be with a try! Thanks very much.

Paul.

That is unbelievably weird I've been on the hunt over the past few days for modern replicas, I've never tried the shulton old spice but want to and this was the next best thing.

The are seemingly a few modern replicas but from and of those I found that are readily available Barrister & Man Reserve Spice is supposed to be a fairly close. The only downside being that it is only in soap and AS, there isn't an EDT/EDP for it.

I'm only going from what I've read/heard obviously as I haven't tried the original so may be way off.

Vintage does still come up ... quite frequently, but often at a price. Question is, is the price worth it? Also careful because there are sellers out there with empty Shulton bottles re-filled with modern.
Yes, I used to buy vintage Shulton Old Spice but as time goes by the prices have gone up and I had never even thought about unscrupulous sellers filling up old bottles with the modern juice!!!

Paul.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really miss the long gone Shulton Old Spice aftershave,
Is there an aftershave or even a EDT / EDP out there that is even anywhere close to the wonderful original Old Spice aftershave, or am I stuck with the poor imitation Old Spice aftershave from India?

I thank you in advance of any information you can supply me.

Paul.
P. - see link below - list of modern soaps etc that are based on classic/popular scents - there are plenty under Old Spice but they don't specify which generation. Don't know if it's of any use?

Cheers - I.

P. - see link below - list of modern soaps etc that are based on classic/popular scents - there are plenty under Old Spice but they don't specify which generation. Don't know if it's of any use?

Cheers - I.

Cheers mate, I will check that out.

Paul.

Edit: just had a quick look and there is a few to investigate, even one from OSP !
I am looking forward to trying the Novus splash that I have coming from Signature Soaps, a twist on the original Old Spice.

Paul.

Last edited:
Between last week & this week i have been doing Homage to Old Spice shaves on Sotd

Old Gold = OSP
Cold Spices = PAA
Night witch = Phoenix & Beau
and of course Novus Spice as you’ve mentioned.
I reckon they are all pretty good at the scent although some are not completely like it due to the manufacture putting their twist on it which is really nice.
Bit for me the PAA Cold Spices is very close
I don’t think i have any small bottles or i would have sent you some samples

Between last week & this week i have been doing Homage to Old Spice shaves on Sotd

Old Gold = OSP
Cold Spices = PAA
Night witch = Phoenix & Beau
and of course Novus Spice as you’ve mentioned.
I reckon they are all pretty good at the scent although some are not completely like it due to the manufacture putting their twist on it which is really nice.
Bit for me the PAA Cold Spices is very close
Not to worry, it was a nice thought though Mike, so thank you for that and the other info.

Paul.

...Bit{sic} for me the PAA Cold Spices is very close

I have been reading up on the PAA Cold Spices and learned something that is quite interesting. A man on another forum who has an original Old Spice as made for women toilet water from the 1930's says it smells exactly like it!! :eek: Of course, PAA added a smidgen of menthol I see and that is IMO no bad thing.

I really like the B&M Reserve Spice AS as well.

I have been reading up on the PAA Cold Spices and learned something that is quite interesting. A man on another forum who has an original Old Spice as made for women toilet water from the 1930's says it smells exactly like it!! :eek: Of course, PAA added a smidgen of menthol I see and that is IMO no bad thing.

I really like the B&M Reserve Spice AS as well.
Yeah i know it was originally made for woman, in fact ebay your neck of the woods sometimes has empty vintage bottles.
I do like the cold spices but there’s many a take on old spice out there, Give them a go you won’t be dissatisfied.
If you can get your hands on OSP Old Gold that’s my favourite.
i don’t think iv tried the B&M version but i’ll need to give it a go.
i think master soap creations do one also

Back
Top Bottom