Christmas Raffle

I have sent emails to Truefill & Hill, Connaught Shaving, Taylors of Old Bond Street, the Gentleman's Shop, and D.R.Harris asking if they would like to contribute to the prize fund.

I will let you know when (if) I receive any responses...

First response from Taylors

We will put you down for consideration when you organise Charity Events next year as we have participated in more Charity Events then usual this year.

one down four to go...

I'm in, I would of suggested a military charity but the masses wins.

All I would like to suggest is pick a small, local charity I don't care which, with the big national charities most the money raised is on admin. I used to work for a branch of Mencap and large portion of every pound goes on admin costs, a smaller one has less overheads as it tends to be run by volunteers.

Just my 2p

I was waiting to see what we could get to tell the truth...the point was to raise some money for a charity at Christmas so the prizes were really second to that. But I wanted some nice prizes to encourage participation.

My same thinking the main point is to raise money for charity but the best way to do that is to make the prizes something someone will buy more than one ticket to try and win. If it is say a soap in a bowl people will spend a quid or two on tickets but if something a bit bigger than has been purchased off a vendor(hopefully with a good discount cause of the cause) you might be able to make people spend a tenner on tickets than would recoup the costs and get a better donation for charity.

Back
Top Bottom