Christmas Raffle

What do you think of this for an idea?

We set up a Christmas raffle between us, when you buy a ticket for £1 (we'll need a treasurer), you also throw a prize into the hat. It could be anything, some aftershave you no longer use, a half full cologne bottle you don't like any more, (we all have loads of spares, don't we). Then when the winners are drawn, you post out your item to the winner, and all the ticket money goes to charity.

It would be a bit of fun, and help some worthy cause at Christmas too. Is this a good idea or a bad one?

Thoughts please...

I think it's a gr8 idea ProfB, which may well mean that it's totally off the wall & entirely unacceptable ! I wont be treasurer, however I can certainly put an acceptable wee parcel together involving a razor, soap & even a couple packets of Feathers.

JohnnyO. :D

That sounds brilliant Johnny.

It also occurred to me that the number of prizes would exactly match the number of tickets sold, so everyone would win something!

Martin.

Professor Blighty said:
What do you think of this for an idea?

We set up a Christmas raffle between us, when you buy a ticket for £1 (we'll need a treasurer), you also throw a prize into the hat. It could be anything, some aftershave you no longer use, a half full cologne bottle you don't like any more, (we all have loads of spares, don't we). Then when the winners are drawn, you post out your item to the winner, and all the ticket money goes to charity.

It would be a bit of fun, and help some worthy cause at Christmas too. Is this a good idea or a bad one?

Thoughts please...

well done mate,its a fantastic idea,I'm in! :cool:

I think it maybe needs a little bit of work. For a start ask people to nominate a charity and we can all try to decide on one. Then, ask everyone to buy in for £5 or something and rather than have little prizes from everyone we can have one big one. I think that might get people a bit more interested. It's a good idea though.

Charity nominations - mine's Marie Curie (they've been a big help to my family twice over the last couple of years)

Yellow Jim, I like your idea..

A proper christmas raffle, everyone buys one or more ticket at 1 or 2 quid (whatever), a big prize for the winner. (we could probably motivate some of our online retailers that are present to donate the prize(s).)
That way all the raffle money gets donated to a charity.

Say a set of some "soap/blades/razor/brush/bowl" Every vendor present here can chip in if they want for a good cause, we could easily raise a couple of hundred quid that way.
And it wont overshadow the "secret santa" that way.

Just my 2p on the matter.

Max

I'm happy with that idea, my own fave charity would probs be Help for Heroes or something for the Forces, however I've got no probs with any recognised charity which is settled on & no probs with Marie Curie.

JohnnyO.

Yes, sorry to be part of the hijack to your idea prof but I would go for this. I wonder if any retailers would mind. Hopefully an argument over which charity(s) to support will not ensure. Personally I'm happy for a charity that helps children, soldiers or people with nasty illnesses, but if there is any doubt then perhaps Boab should have the final say. How about having a runner-up prize or two to help spread the love. I agree that quite a substantial sum could be raised this way.

I quite like this idea as well. No prefrence to which charity all good for me. Would be good to get some vendors to chip in some items but if we cant i am sure we could make a decent prize between our selfs. prizes for top 3 seems good as well

Back
Top Bottom