Chisel & Hound

View attachment 92096View attachment 92097
Ended up with this one, matte black and white effort. Couldn't help myself!

I suspect it was just a random thing, his personal account was deleted but meant he couldn't access the business account. Just thought Facebook would have had backups for this sort of thing. But I'm not in IT and I'm terrible with Facebook so perhaps I expect too much!
Lovely:love:
V16 ?

I think it's more of FB don't care. They exist, after all, to rob people's data and expecting them to act responsibly when someone else nefariously does what they openly have as a business model is a bit like getting the mafia to have a word with some kids playing knock down ginger in your street. Nonetheless it's a bad impact on the people who get their accounts compromsed, but as far as Zuckerberg is concerned its not likely to deter people from using FB so they can't be bothered to help.

40DA5945-DB0D-4CFF-9204-0D977109CB24.jpegECEE4F74-1712-46A0-A23D-C9DEC1250765.jpegNot the best picture in the world but this brush took my eye.
it’s rather large but feels good in the hand.
It’s definitely my last brush from him unless he brings out the V17.
The V15 was only on for a matter of weeks before the V16 was introduced.
I would now like one completely gel free.
or if i do happen to get another it will be Boar or Synthetic

Nice one, I'm really really going to skip on this one, it's getting out of hand now lol...unless there's something radical like a pretty much untreated knot that comes along.

I've been getting on well with AP and Boti knots recently though so I wouldn't rule out a handle if something different comes along!

Nice one, I'm really really going to skip on this one, it's getting out of hand now lol...unless there's something radical like a pretty much untreated knot that comes along.

I've been getting on well with AP and Boti knots recently though so I wouldn't rule out a handle if something different comes along!

You know you can’t resist
Animation Lying GIF

C&H 3.JPGC&H 4.JPG

I picked up this V16 from his last drop. The copper really pops in the right light and my photos don’t do it justice. I'm sure a lot of his brushes are even better in the hand than in photos.
I’m in agreement about the gel knots. My experience of gel knots is limited to only two brushes, this one and my AP Shave brush.
As much as I enjoy them on the face, they can feel like the tips are skating and sliding around a soap and it gives a false impression that you're not lifting much from the puck. This V16 in particular devours soap but seems to release only a fraction of it.
The AP gel knot is a bit better all round IMHO but any future buys will be handle only and like you’ve mentioned Mark I’ll probably install an untreated knot from Boti or Uomo.

View attachment 94144View attachment 94145

I picked up this V16 from his last drop. The copper really pops in the right light and my photos don’t do it justice. I'm sure a lot of his brushes are even better in the hand than in photos.
I’m in agreement about the gel knots. My experience of gel knots is limited to only two brushes, this one and my AP Shave brush.
As much as I enjoy them on the face, they can feel like the tips are skating and sliding around a soap and it gives a false impression that you're not lifting much from the puck. This V16 in particular devours soap but seems to release only a fraction of it.
The AP gel knot is a bit better all round IMHO but any future buys will be handle only and like you’ve mentioned Mark I’ll probably install an untreated knot from Boti or Uomo.
Lovely Brush :love:
Yes i agree with everything you’ve said.
And like you i prefer to be Gel free,
But for me you can’t beat a decent boar especially untreated.
I do have a C&H handles with Boar knots & they are wonderful

Lovely Brush :love:
Yes i agree with everything you’ve said.
And like you i prefer to be Gel free,
But for me you can’t beat a decent boar especially untreated.
I do have a C&H handles with Boar knots & they are wonderful

He makes some beautiful stuff and having seen some of the C&H brushes you guys and others have posted I couldn’t help but take a closer look.
This is my first but it won’t be my last and I’ll probably need to call on some reserves of will power to avoid this rabbit-hole opening up like a clowns pocket.

I’ve been looking into Boar knots recently for a few project brushes I have in the pipeline.
I might give him a shout on that next time.

Cheers

Don't do it man, it's like a disease, stop while you're ahead! It becomes an addiction! To be fair I thought I had more so I don't feel that bad now!
View attachment 94170

Lovely collection !
Yes, I could see how it could become a habit.
To be honest a wood handle would be next on the wish list and that will probably be my lot ............................ :unsure: er ! :ROFLMAO:
.................. does that ring any bells ? :ROFLMAO:

He makes some beautiful stuff and having seen some of the C&H brushes you guys and others have posted I couldn’t help but take a closer look.
This is my first but it won’t be my last and I’ll probably need to call on some reserves of will power to avoid this rabbit-hole opening up like a clowns pocket.

I’ve been looking into Boar knots recently for a few project brushes I have in the pipeline.
I might give him a shout on that next time.

Cheers
These two are his but Boars.
Although the knots are quite different both are class.
Go for it lol
670E69CF-0750-45B7-B737-6005BA4EA531.jpeg42404F80-822F-4250-8681-F3F17BD54390.jpeg

Well, you lot have got a lot to answer for!

Reading all of the comments on this thread and seeing how lovely the brushes look. Then on another thread, seeing comments like "you have to have at least one C&H brush"!!!

Well, I expect it will arrive some time in October!

If I take any solace, it's the fact that I ordered it the day before the pound tanked against the dollar!

Back
Top Bottom