Cella or MWF

Cella or MWF

• Cella

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • MWF

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
I tried mwf but got a bad reaction from the lanolin.
I also had a little go with cellar but found it a bit weak and preferred figaro, but this was more likely down to me knowing its reputation here.

hmmm - need to give the valobra a try. Maybe see if somebody could send me a sample. Pretty much everything I've got at the moment is soap so could do with trying some creams.

Definitley not the MWF,I am still recovering from the blocked pores it gave me and the scars it left , Cella I havent tried as I tend to shy away from tallow aswell .
Valobra (menthol and almond flavours) and TFS Barbe Rosse (sandalwood and coconut with almond flavours),now your talking,
Regards
Derrick

The Geordie Shaver said:
Definitley not the MWF,I am still recovering from the blocked pores it gave me and the scars it left , Cella I havent tried as I tend to shy away from tallow aswell .
Valobra (menthol and almond flavours) and TFS Barbe Rosse (sandalwood and coconut with almond flavours),now your talking,
Regards
Derrick

I have both and i hardly use the mwf as cella beats it hands down imo.

I have both as well as Valobra and Figaro.

I personally prefer the Cella or Valobra. Both are very easy to lather up. MWF has been OK but I'm not sure if I'll buy another cake of it.

I'm not sure if I buy the Hard/Soft water arguments for soap results anymore. I've tried many a soft and hard soap over the last 3 years and I do have fairly hard water, and MWF is the only pig arsed piece of soapy bubbly crud I've come across. Apologies to those that love it.

What I'm saying is I don't think I can blame the water, as all manner of veggie and tallow soaps have been just fine. My lathering technique is good too because I pay attention to it, and like working with brushes and soap. That's my third point, I've tried many a brush on it too. I've taken a nice firm boar to a hot water softened puck and loaded the bejeesus out of it and the lather still sucked and broke down midway through a first pass. So I'm stumped why it won't work for me. It just doesn't. It seems to be a fairly common complaint, and so a very polarising product. It's possible that is the *only* soap that doesn't work with harder water.

Cella however, is a dream and I bought a kilo because it's cheap and it is an excellent re-use of empty TOBS bowls. The only reason someone might not like it is the scent. I wasn't taken by it to begin with, but have come to equate it with success and a happy face.

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works now, and say I think Vito's Coconut & Almond will match both those soaps for lathering and slickness this soft soap is so thick and creamy and whips up like a super meringue, so there's another challenger.

Jamie.

So glad I saw this post. Have been seriously considering pulling the trigger on some MWF just recently. Given I live in a hard-water area and my sensitive skin will undoubtedly will suffer from irritation, guess that the end of my MWF dream.

Can't stand marzipan though, so that Cella out too.

What do I try? Valobra?

I can't stand marzipan either. P.160 is definitely full on, but good enough for me to grit my teeth and use it from time to time; Cella is really quite inoffensive though. If you want a soft soap which performs in a similar way Nanny's should be on the list, available in a whole array of scents (but not almond, curiously).

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Valobra has a pretty strong Almond smell so you may be better off with the Valobra menthol.

I had a tub of Cella and a pack of menthol Valobra delivered today, along with a tube of O'Melhor from Shaving i.e.
So I'll cast my vote this weekend after trying the Cella tonight. Got to say though, for a man who doesn't like marzipan/almonds, Cella smells absolutely amazing to me.
In fact, it's the best smelling soap I've ever sniffed, so really looking forward to using it.

MWF left me very disappointed. it's just 'meh'. Does the job, but where's the magic?! Bought three pucks, used one, have a spare, gave one away to a fellow who was about to take up wet shaving.... He loves it. Reckons his skin has never looked/felt better. Personally, wouldn't buy another though.
I'd describe MWF as, well, boring.

Well just used my new Cella for the first time. Very impressed. Easy to lather up, and the scent wasn't overpowering. Very smooth, with no irritation. so yea, even after one shave, Cella gets my vote over MWF, simply for ease and quality of lather.

This is really odd.

I am in london. bordering kent, my water is stupidly hard, (I can make a cracking IPA with my water here). I have no issues getting a great lather out of MWF.

I think there may be something else at play here

Back
Top Bottom