Cella or MWF

Cella or MWF

• Cella

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • MWF

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to treat myself to a new soap in a wooden bowl.
Paul is selling both of these at a reasonable price, but I'm limiting myself to just the one.

So the question is which should I go for?

Thanks chaps.

If you like the smell of almond / marzipan then Cella is a winner in my book.

I don't like almond scents and I am still tempted by this stuff because of the ease with which it creates a brilliant lather.

They are about equal in the £ for lb stakes (unless you're buying Cella in a 1kg block but MWF will / should last much longer.

Another of those 'horse for courses' threads, I reckon.

MWF is gr8 for me , however I live in a very soft water area & have no reaction to lanolin.
Cella seems to work well with any water & I haven't heard of anyone having an adverse reaction to it.
So, for a safer first investment in one of them I'd go for the Cella.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Re: RE: Cella or MWF

antdad said:
Hard water = Cella
Soft water = MWF

+1 Good advice. Exactly my experience. I use both, but when water softener was out of action, I preferred cella. Infact, I preferred Cella over all other soap when using hard water.

I don't mind either scent - neither are my favourite.

I've used and like both. I can get MWF to work despite having hard water.
It's easier to create a good lather with Cella. If you don't like almonds, don't get it. If you like almonds, it's a lovely soap.

On balance I'd probably go for MWF for the lanolin and the lack of a strong scent but they're both great soaps.

I have not tried Cella and am delighted enough with MWF not to bother.

I can produce a superb lather, even more so with the addition of a little Palmolive cream to the bowl, and the lack of scent is a plus for me.

Steve

I'd go cella. I had a nightmare with MWF. After using Just under half a puck in test lathers, it never worked for me. That's a lot of latherings!

Cella on the other hand, no problems. Could have done it with my eyes closed.

Couldn't agree more with Fido!

If you have hard water as I do, you'll love Cella's lather. But the first 30 seconds or so building the lather is quite intense on the marzipan scent. It mellows a little down during the shave.

You can get very good lather with MWF and hard water, just be careful to really load the brush hard with soap, and add water very slowly, as it very quickly gets too wet with no glide to it. And the scent is very nice.

/Max

Back
Top Bottom