Cella or MWF

Cella or MWF

• Cella

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • MWF

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Fido said:
If MWF lathered as well as Cella - a perfect soap.

Yes that would be great. I love the scent of MWF and also found it gave a very decent shave despite the fact I couldn't get it to lather well. I expect it would do as my daily soap but I just enjoy a nice creamy lather so it's just not an option.

I reckon the MWF company love the amount of controversy their soap creates on the shaving forums. Every minute of every day, somebody somewhere in the world is posting a comment about MWF!

I find that the stiffer the brush the faster MWF will lather. I use hot water and one the inexpensive (the least expensive) Turkish horse hair brushes. It seems to lather right away.

Love both, really, but Cella got my vote - since the lanolin in MWF is _plenty_ and I can get skin reactions from it at times (+ Ionly use it in the winter, if not = pimples, _for me_), but it's a brilliant soap (too)!

PS
It's the only soap or cream I ever had reactions with.

I tried Cella for the first time a few datys ago and its very like Valobra which I use regularly and like a lot.
That said, I think MWF would just win over Cella for me.
I find the lather with MWF to be richer than Cella but I love the smell of Cella.
regards, beejay

I have MWF, never had a problem with the lather... My problem is how long it lasts. So many soaps to try, I can do without a puck that never seems to go down!!
It's a good sap all in all, but not my fave.

Hiya,

The MWF is in my fairly small rotation.....great stuff. Tried the Cella years ago because of all the very good reviews, and the scent wasn't right for me. Pretty intense marzipan/black cherry thing going on there, which is fine if you like almond fragrances. I'm sure I musta tried the soap but I really can't remember how it performed.

I'm in the minority here, and I'd guess the OP is gonna be happy with what he receives.

Martin

Just tried Cella for the first time this morning, and have to say it's very good & seems more forgiving than MWF

Using the same technique as MWF I massively overloaded the brush and produced far too much lather but hey :)

After all this Cella talk for the past week.... I just ordered one last nite.
... And a black Omega. Least we can do for the Italian economy!

We're not really spending money; we're saving a country.

Cella is my no. 1/go-to/desert island soap after trying some 20+ soaps and creams. However, MWF ties for no. 2 in my book, so IMHO you cannot go wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom