Cella Crema Da Barba. Yes or no?

As it happens, my mother-in-law (bless her), has been on holiday for the last week and reports back that she can't find anywhere in Italy that sells the stuff.
I'm not surprised. All I have ever seen was Proraso. Except when SWMBO dragged me into Santa Maria Novella in Florence. Luckily for my wallet that was a few years ago when I still had a full beard. :p:p

Have owned the red pot. It was very good.

Now own the 1 kilo block. It's even better.
My Boellis Panama and Antica Barbieria Colla are still better almond soaps, but for the price Cella 1 kg can not be beat. Vito's is great too by the way. But 3 Italian almond croaps/soaps is enough for me in my collection.

Forgot I also own the TFS made Mondial Almond croap, good stuff too.

Cella is a great soft soap. Not my favourite but a great one.

I am not mad of the scent as almond fornmebis associated with food.

Sent from Mars

Have owned the red pot. It was very good.

Now own the 1 kilo block. It's even better.
My Boellis Panama and Antica Barbieria Colla are still better almond soaps, but for the price Cella 1 kg can not be beat. Vito's is great too by the way. But 3 Italian almond croaps/soaps is enough for me in my collection.

Forgot I also own the TFS made Mondial Almond croap, good stuff too.
I have just bought a 100g of the red Vitos. I have a tub of Figaro, which is of the same ilk. Then there is the Proraso eucalyptus as well. I haven't had a chance to test the Vitos, but am looking forward to it. But I am keen to give it a whirl.

Internationally, it looks thematically like:

1. Italy - get yerself some almond smelling stuff.
2. Turkey - get yerself some lemony, barbershop soapy smelling stuff.
3. UK - get yerself some classic gentleman smelling stuff.
4. US - get yerself whatever weird smelling stuff you can imagine, with 100s of different options.
5. Bulgaria - get yerself some rose smelling stuff.

Internationally, it looks thematically like:

1. Italy - get yerself some almond smelling stuff.
2. Turkey - get yerself some lemony, barbershop soapy smelling stuff.
3. UK - get yerself some classic gentleman smelling stuff.
4. US - get yerself whatever weird smelling stuff you can imagine, with 100s of different options.
5. Bulgaria - get yerself some rose smelling stuff.

That's a very good summary. I am pretty much neutral on shave soap fragrances for the most part as I return to the shower after shaving to rinse and clean with a facial cleanser as well.

Agree. By the time I've given the witch hazel a good spray, I am scent neutral. I am a blank human palette, awaiting the artistic application of fragrance.

I shall let you know my thoughts tomorrow. It has the scent of some incredibly strong Marzipan and I am more tempted to eat it than shave with it.

Tried it for the first time a few days ago - not a fan of marzipan (almonds), but actually quite liked the scent and was very pleased with the soap. Definitely a keeper and will buy again at the UK price.

Just one important piece of News
Cella is completely redesigning their product range, so in the next month we will have:
- New Shaving Cream Bowl, same product, but new face
- Shaving Soap big brick (1Kg ... buy once for a life)
- Pre shaving balm
- Shaving Almond Oil
- Post shaving Balm
- Post Shaving cologne
- Brushless Cream (called rapid)

I have spoken with the guys who, also, own a small Lavender essence brand and they are thinking to add a lavender shaving cream with the brand Col di Nava.

Consider that the Chini family manufactures the product in their small Milan based factory with only 7 employees!!!!

Tried it for the first time a few days ago - not a fan of marzipan (almonds), but actually quite liked the scent and was very pleased with the soap. Definitely a keeper and will buy again at the UK price.

I was in the same boat. I very much dislike marzipan/almond scents. But I've found Cella to be very pleasing, it's almost changed my mind on almonds!

I'm very interested in the post shave balm, if the soap is anything to go by, I'm guessing it will be good for my sensitive skin. I think I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom