Cella Crema Da Barba. Yes or no?

Some info from the resident Italian aficionado on another forum:

...There are in Italy some Master Barbers and wet shavers who think that these two great soaps are exactly the same, since, as just stated above, they have exactly the same ingredients. And, furthermore, these shavers seem to get equal results with both products. However, the vast majority of Master Barbers and wet shavers in Italy (me included) believe that Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima and Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla are not the same soap. Yes, they are surely very, very similar, but not perfectly the same. Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima is, in my opinion, a slightly superior product compared to Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla. The kilo brick in fact, compared to the red bowl, seems to give a somehow better lather and, therefore, a somehow better shave. Moisturizing properties and overall skin care are, again, slightly better when shaving with the kilo brick. Why? What I do believe is that, although the ingredients listed are always those, the proportions of these ingredients are different in the two soaps. Does Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima have more tallow in its formulation? Or a higher concentration of coconut oil? Maybe, I really have no answer here. And these questions have never been cleared up, not even by the company. That said, I absolutely do not want to underrate Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla, which is a super, super, super soap. And, for those with no experience with Cella, the small red bowl is also a more economic way for testing this Italian gem. But if you ask long time users of Cella to choose just one, the vast majority of them will certainly pick Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima...

Further on we get a concrete answer:

... Okay, so I asked Joseph from RazoRock/Italian Barber if his friend got an answer from the person at Nicki Chini about if the two Cella products are the same. This is the quote from Joseph, "Yes, I found out... Ingredients are the same... but there is slight variation in proportion of ingredients... also, the curing of the brick is different." So there we go.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/182462-Cella-Vs-Cella-what-I-believe?highlight=

Last edited:
I liked it so much I bought the 1kg block when I'd emptied the tub. Currently on the second tub refill.

I can't say I've found a difference between tub and block performance. Bear in mind some people have posted problems with skin irritation after use, possibly allergic reaction to the almond oil.

Regards,
Chris

I liked it so much I bought the 1kg block when I'd emptied the tub. Currently on the second tub refill.

I can't say I've found a difference between tub and block performance. Bear in mind some people have posted problems with skin irritation after use, possibly allergic reaction to the almond oil.

Regards,
Chris
I have allergy problems with lots (i.e. most) soaps, but Cella has been completely problem-free for me and also performs admirably. I have quite a strong skin reaction to Vitos on the other hand....

Does anyone know if it is significantly cheaper to buy this stuff in Italy? I have a friend heading over there, was wondering if it is worth getting them to pick up a few tubs at the local supermarket over there.

Cella is great.

great lather
great shaving in terms of glide and cushion
the scent is light and delightful
the skin feel lasts all day post shave.

whats not to love? Im on the edge of using nothing but cella till my red tub is gone. no more then 1 or 2 days a week for erasmic, arko, or la toja allowed.

Back
Top Bottom