Cella Crema Da Barba. Yes or no?

I just used up the last of a red tub after almost exactly three years (light rotation as I have a lot of soaps/creams) and it's top shelf IMO. Interestingly, I am waiting on a replacement 4 oz. slab cut from a kilo block to refill my red tub. I wanted to try the slab version as some say there is a slight difference between the two & others say no. I will hopefully soon know. ;)
I wouldn't Know about Differnces between the Tub Stuff & the Block Stuff..The One thing I Do Know is that the Block Stuff can have a Concentrated Heavy Scent at One Portion of the Block..It Burned my Face to Hell..The Scent seems to Lay at the Bottom of the Block..You can see Different Shades in the Block where the Darkest Part will be the Heaviest Scented..:)

It Wont Effect Everyone but it Sure Burned the Hell Outta Me..:eek:

Billy

I wouldn't Know about Differnces between the Tub Stuff & the Block Stuff..The One thing I Do Know is that the Block Stuff can have a Concentrated Heavy Scent at One Portion of the Block..It Burned my Face to Hell..The Scent seems to Lay at the Bottom of the Block..You can see Different Shades in the Block where the Darkest Part will be the Heaviest Scented..:)

It Wont Effect Everyone but it Sure Burned the Hell Outta Me..:eek:

Billy
I've only ever managed to empty one pot of this, over the years, but it seemed quite consistent throughout. I wonder if there is a difference in process then between block and pot? I always assumed it was the same.

Road trip.

I've only ever managed to empty one pot of this, over the years, but it seemed quite consistent throughout. I wonder if there is a difference in process then between block and pot? I always assumed it was the same.

Road trip.
As far as I can Gather the Stuff in the Tub is more of a Creamier like Substance & Different Colour..The Block Stuff is a Darker Colour like Vitos..Like a Block of Cheese..It would have to be Processed Different to some Degree..:)

Billy

Last edited:
As far as I can Gather the Stuff in the Tub is more of a Creamier like Substance & Different Colour..The Block Stuff is a Darker Colour like Vitos..Like a Block of Cheese..It would have to be Processed Different to some Degree..:)

Billy
I currently have a pot in the cupboard still, but won't opening it until I have first killed off my T&H Almond Cream & Vitos Red splodge. So probably get around to it next year-ish:rolleyes:

Hell, yes! (See what I did there, @Satanfriendly?) :p
If you like almonds/marzipan it's for you. Performance is fantastic. Some people find the scent too sweet. I don't.
And it's a soft soap (croap) rather than a cream. Don't buy a kilo unless you have space in the fridge. It can go off otherwise.
Ive had one for over three years that I have kept in a cupboard. It hasn't gone off. But it'll take me forever to get through it. Just my 2 cents.

Ive had one for over three years that I have kept in a cupboard. It hasn't gone off. But it'll take me forever to get through it. Just my 2 cents.
I've heard from people who had problems, maybe they left it in the sun or on a heater.. Cool and dark could be cupboard or fridge I assume... I use Cella a lot and I can't imagine how long it would take to get through a kilo. Ten years maybe? :rolleyes:

Reactions: OSP
Cella comes with instructions what the lather should look like:
CellaMan.png

:p:p

Be interested to know what you think.

Well, it came, it shaved & it conquered. ;)

Fortunately, there are some U.S. vendors that sell slabs cut from the block. (http://www.shaveready.net/product/cella-extra-extra-purissma-shaving-soap) I paid $12 (£8.27) shipping included for a hearty 4 oz. slab. I say hearty as it filled my empty red tub. :) The slab soap is whiter & far softer than the tub type. It's like putty in its consistency. There was no difference in shave quality between it & the tub type, BUT the slab cut soap required no 'blooming' and lathered far more rapidly.

This makes sense as I have since read that Cella merely tweaked the proportions between the two types, most likely due to storage/aging concerns. They are IMO the same soap for all intents & purposes once lathered. That said, I would recommend the slab type over the tub if only for the ease of lathering.

P.S. MM, I even used a new Astra SP to help quantify the shave for you. It was very good. ;)

water hardness, brush type, all play a role. I get better results when I wet the tope of th etub with hot water and let it soak while my brush does.

Back
Top Bottom