car driver vs cyclists?

Audiolab said:
I only indicate just because the feel of using the high quality switchgear in my car turns me on.

Cyclists....in my experience some are good and some should be banned from being in charge of any machinery, just like car drivers. The one sore point is that I respect that cyclists are road users like everyone else, and they deserve to be treated as such. But they suckers who roll through red lights and want to selectively apply the highway code make my blood boil.

As a cyclist I wholeheartedly agree. There are idiots in charge of every type of transport, who thankfully are outnumbered by the decent ones. From my p.o.v. cyclists who ignore the rules of the road are tw*ts because I - as a cyclist - then get tarred with exactly the same brush.

Mutual respect all round between all road-users is called for.

Ach... -draws myself up-

1gear, you up for another round? I been giving that lycra-clad whippet a wide berth all week, but I'll lean out the window and slap his ass if it makes good television...

cheese_dave said:
Ach... -draws myself up-

1gear, you up for another round? I been giving that lycra-clad whippet a wide berth all week, but I'll lean out the window and slap his ass if it makes good television...

Mmmmm.
Round two?
Hmmmmmmmm, i do like keeping on coming back so i can look at your picture...............

Just spotted this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/green-living-blog/2010/mar/24/cyclists-safety-sevenoaks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/g ... -sevenoaks</a><!-- m -->

Ding! Ding! Round two!! :lol:

1gear said:
No, i have the same rights as just about anyone on the road. Just because i dont have the top speed of cars, motorbikes, doesn't give me less rights.
I was well within my rights to overtake, i broke no laws by doing this. Im well within the law to over take aswell.
I saw him pull out so instead of just braking hard and sitting behind him i just went around him. Just as if i had pulled out a car would have gone around me.
Do you know the speed at which a bicycle has to be doing under, before you can over take legally when the road stops you from doing so(double white lines in the middle, or broken white lines for the other side of the road)
Now, if we go by this alot of cars break the law, but i was within my rights to overtake him! He was going quite slow, slower then a tractor would have, and if a slower vehicle had been doing that speed you would have just gone around him.
The time when i went past the woman and tapped on the back of her car i was filtering, technically, so get infront of traffic. This is something alot of motorcyclist do and im sure you have done in traffic aswell.
At narrow sections of the road i will move out. If you would like to read cycle craft, which IIRC the government helped to write, it advises you to do this.
You do this so you dont get some idiot trying to squeeze past you at the last moment. Im sure you will have had this, being a cyclist yourself?
Now, im not the best cyclist, and probably not the safest on the road, but ive cycled in quite a few places in England and done many miles in England, ive also cycled in Wales, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Chek Republik.
I can shift at speed if i so wish. No, i do not wear a hi-vis vest. Personally, i see them as un-needed. My club cycling kit is Yellow, Green and black. This makes you stick out wonderfully. At night i have a very bright rear light, with two other rear lights which are not so bright and one light on my helmet. On the front of the bike i have two quite bright lights plus one light on my helmet.
The helmet lights are the best for riding in traffic at night i find. Stop people who are pulling out from side roads, whos view is blocked by cars see me in the dark. The hi-vis wont work then. The reflective stripes only work when the light is shone on them.
Oh, and i dont overtake at any opportunity. I quite often just sit behind and wait for the traffic ahead to go.
Ok? :roll:

Cool, I forgot all about this thread.

Mate your reckless because you think you have as many "rights" as other road users, you don't.

To quote John Locke the "father of liberalism", your rights end when your helmet meets my tyre tread.

antdad said:
To quote John Locke the "father of liberalism", your rights end when your helmet meets my tyre tread.
That's what I was trying to say, without all the rambling on that I did.

Tea towel holder? Ah... I get it.

...try and raise the water table a little and you get drowned like a sack of kittens. :roll: :lol:

The exact quote is "your right to swing your fist ends where the other man's nose begins" based I think on John Stewart Mill's harm principle not Locke.

A rather knackered 14 year old crotch rocket, Honda CBR 919RR...nicked twice, I crashed it twice and I was hospitalised twice but nothing a few plates didn't sort out. Continuing the general theme of this thread it was everybody else's fault. :lol:

Dunno I've got a 1964 Vespa, tuned and kitted (showed 70mph on the dyno).

Nicely sprung single saddle but at low speeds it's a sort of motorised bar-stool and on fast roads it's basically a rocket-powered rollerskate.

Fun, though, and a real looker. Reliable too. A bit like my wife in fact, but older. Mmmm. (Rev-O disappear into a Mrs Robinson-esque reverie)

(Actually, she's a cheerful old goer with an ill-concealed spare tyre who smokes like a chimney. The scooter, I mean, not the Mrs.)

70 mph ehh? and without any wind resistance.

You can multiply that by two and a half for the CBR plus a few extra sets of leathers because you have shat yourself :lol: . Of course they are not comparable, it's a thoroughly silly bike and I'm way too old for it.

The medical profession like to call this lot "organ donors" I like to call organ donors "cyclists".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-fHJIw6Lh4[/youtube]

...see caravaner's serve a purpose as mobile traffic calmers, that's km/h by the way.

It is, that bike is fitted with a limiter of 299km/h otherwise I think he would have cracked the 300km/h which is as you say just bonkers.

This is good...car following too closely behind and its over.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLd1RJgOQs&feature=related[/youtube]

This is Rev O and his scooter gang...he ID's me with the on board Catholometer then makes a crucifix before wiping me out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X01dQ1XYQxg[/youtube]

...you are on the highway to hell my friend.

Back
Top Bottom