Brush upgrade

Beware the badger rabbit hole. Having worked out what I like in a badger, I'm now three Shavemacs and a Chubby 2 out of pocket. It might be best to keep telling yourself that badgers are scratchy, floppy and smell funny, and quietly walk away.

Beware the badger rabbit hole. Having worked out what I like in a badger, I'm now three Shavemacs and a Chubby 2 out of pocket. It might be best to keep telling yourself that badgers are scratchy, floppy and smell funny, and quietly walk away.
Very sound advice. I fell down that badger rabbit hole many years ago; although I currently own 32 badgers I'm still contemplating a couple more. The badger rabbit hole is a bottomless pit.;)

Thanks for the offer Nishy, maybe I'll take you up on it when I take the plunge into the world of quality badger brushes. For now though I've gone for a Muhle synth as it's better suited to my bank balance and going to be really handy for my travels anyway... That & the HJM boar should keep me satisfied for now. I think I'll stick the Haryali badger in the starter pack I'm accumulating for my brother
16by3he.gif

Just ordered the 23mm version:

jv2ivl.jpg

Thanks for all the input chaps, I really am overwhelmed with all the advice.

Decided to go ahead with my original thought of a Muhle synthetic as they are relatively inexpensive and will by all accounts be an improvement over my current pair.

Edit: if you like the MÜHLE synthetics, you may want to try the Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre brushes as well.

Well that was an almost religious experience! Hyperbole aside it was in fact a shave of several firsts... My first go on a synth & Feather blade too.

The brush is seemingly perfect for me, just the right size, lathers like a demon, not prickly like a cheap badger, doesn't shed like my cheap boar & holds a ton more product my other brushes put together. Feather Hi-Stainless - In the Progress set to 3 I could feel they are sharper than my usual German blades but noticeably smoother too... Will see how long they last as I can get a good 6 shaves wiv ze Germans.

Tried it face lathering tonight - Absolutely fantastic, have to get used to needing less product as I has so much left over!

Feather blade bit me this time, got too complacent :rolleyes: I reckon they'll suit the Tech better than the Progress.

I'm coming to the conclusion Feather blades are overrated junk (or at least, not suitable for me.) Yes they feel sharp for the first shave but mine felt significantly degraded half way through the second shave, loads of irritation, horrible.

I'm off to order something else.

I'm coming to the conclusion Feather blades are overrated junk (or at least, not suitable for me.) Yes they feel sharp for the first shave but mine felt significantly degraded half way through the second shave, loads of irritation, horrible.

I'm off to order something else.
They're not for you then, but they are definitely not overrated for me ... I find them not only very sharp, but also every smooth. Unfortunately they only last for three or four shaves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom