Blades that you've tried and wished you hadn't

Blades9A.JPG

Derbys where the worst for me, maybe not the worst blade I have tried but after reading so many people rave about them it was really depressing when i tried one it pulled bounced did everything except cut through the hairs and is the only de blade so far that has caused ingrowing hairs.

Saying that it was the first blade i tried from my sample pack when i just started, so tonight i have said i shall go back and try them again, it could have been down to bad prep.

When I started DE shaving I used Derbys, and put the lack of performance down to my inexperience. Unfortunately, I was wrong. They're just not sharp enough.

I did go back and try them again, but no, they're still not sharp enough.

Ian

Fido said:
I had to try a Feather after hearing others rave about them. But. They are much too sharp for me. My worst experience since going back to wet shaving.

Me too, thought these were going to be the bees knees after all the hype but they were brutal.

Think they even gave me a rash in the end.

Topaz Blades - Terrible. But.. they were extremely cheap. I think they cost me the equivalent of about 30p for 5 blades. That should've been fair warning enough. I still have them and I used one recently for cutting up some greaseproof paper the other day as I didn't have any scissors. They just about managed that.

Gillette Super Nacets - Just a little bit better than the Topaz Blades. I purchased these thinking that the Gillette brand would guarantee me at least a half decent blade. How wrong I was.

jhclare said:
I'll get some flak for this but...

Derbys!

Recommended by many for newbie DE shavers, and I don't know why.

They're pretty blunt - lots of pulling, and give me irritation without fail.

Not a patch on Red IPs, Crystals, or my current favourite - Feathers! :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly

andyjreid said:
jhclare said:
I'll get some flak for this but...

Derbys!

Recommended by many for newbie DE shavers, and I don't know why.

They're pretty blunt - lots of pulling, and give me irritation without fail.

Not a patch on Red IPs, Crystals, or my current favourite - Feathers! :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly

here, here. And of course, don't mess with the legendary SWEDE. Oh yeah!

You could also add to this list.....................................

Swedish Gillettes

Not because they are so bad but because they are so good and so hard to find.

Merkurs. Got some free with my first ever DE razor, the Merkur 34C. So bad I nearly gave up DE shaving on the spot. But then I did join this site because of them, and I've found lots of good people here willing to give lots of good advice, and I'm still using the 34C but with different blades. So in a way, I guess I have to thank those crappy Merkur blades.

Yanno what? I'm not going to thank them.

Back
Top Bottom