Count Arthus is one of my heroes ...................... most unfortunately it now seems that I am fast becoming one of his most succesful unintentional impersonators.

JohnnyO. \ :(

chrisbell said:
Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:
Who the heck is it, then? :?: :oops:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Arthur_Strong">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Arthur_Strong</a><!-- m -->

Looks interesting. As a Goon Show fan, I like the idea of suureal radio comedy. :cool:

Yes well worth checking out. He's sometimes on Radio 4 and repeated on Radio 7. There's also some stuff on YouTube but I like his radio stuff best. Available on CD of course.

Pig Cat said:
Yes well worth checking out. He's sometimes on Radio 4 and repeated on Radio 7. There's also some stuff on YouTube but I like his radio stuff best. Available on CD of course.

Brilliant stuff. Heard him about 5 years ago when I was driving and couldn't stop laughing.

I work with a fella just like him. Could write a book on the stuff he's come out with.

His latest was "A leopard can't change its socks!"

joe mcclaine said:
Pig Cat said:

Brilliant stuff. Heard him about 5 years ago when I was driving and couldn't stop laughing.

I work with a fella just like him. Could write a book on the stuff he's come out with.

His latest was "A leopard can't change its socks!"

Yup, that's definitely an 'Arthurism'!

Sorry PC, I've listened to quite a bit of Count Arthur, and he doesn't hit the spot for me, I'm afraid. It's a brilliant bit of acting on the part of the guy who plays him, but he's not quite my cup of tea. :oops:

chrisbell said:
Sorry PC, I've listened to quite a bit of Count Arthur, and he doesn't hit the spot for me, I'm afraid. It's a brilliant bit of acting on the part of the guy who plays him, but he's not quite my cup of tea. :oops:

Thanks for giving him a go Chris. I am not surprised what you think as Mrs PC isn't that keen either. He gets on her nerves. I sometimes listen to him in bed while she's asleep and most of the time just lie there and enjoy it, but every so often I laugh uncontrollably and have to try not to wake her up!

Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:

Thanks for giving him a go Chris. I am not surprised what you think as Mrs PC isn't that keen either. He gets on her nerves. I sometimes listen to him in bed while she's asleep and most of the time just lie there and enjoy it, but every so often I laugh uncontrollably and have to try not to wake her up!

Well, you Suffolk Swedes are a bit odd anyway... :lol: :D

Back
Top Bottom