April 2021 Acquisitions

This little lot arrived today & it’s been a while in the post.
The 1960 Gillette Slim in what can only be described as brand new condition & the 1966 Birth Year Gillette Super Speed also in immaculate condition.
I’m really pleased with them both but time will tell once i use them.
The mammoth soaps smell absolutely wonderful. i should have had three but there’s been a slight mix up.
My wife sent this lot out to Norway for me and they have taken ages.
This particular parcel cleared customs on the 31st march and it arrived today.
pretty poor service really
495800AC-C0A1-4D41-9799-46CFBDC3E6C4.png620A7130-832F-46E6-B4FF-934A31B2F207.pngC3F76CBA-2FC4-4A32-8E1E-5C2D0B2DC774.png

Vintage M&W Tabac bath soap. Cheaper than a new one, so no-brainer.

ACtC-3dJZUlfN-FpKAicHb9O8Urx0_Hb3u8OFm_udHbPyAbIJiw7cHhsUXBYemGRZxmpqKRdbEp2-I81_O_w86SghzuY2xeKR8Uxs2mgTdhxmQZbn59gOJx2kh8W62aGomX-NuXhnwuEagbEve1Xy--GQrEbvw=w1200

Period advertiser included, which makes some fun reading.

The 1960 Gillette Slim in what can only be described as brand new condition & the 1966 Birth Year Gillette Super Speed also in immaculate condition.
The mammoth soaps smell absolutely wonderful. i should have had three but there’s been a slight mix up.
View attachment 68283View attachment 68284View attachment 68285
B.
E.
A.
Utiful lot of razors.

View attachment 68283View attachment 68284View attachment 68285
I love the labeling on these Mammoth soaps, a good find with the razors too!

Paul.

View attachment 68315

I’ve been hankering after Chubby 3 with a synthetic knot to replace the Best and Manchurian Chubby 3’s I used to own before I sold off all of my badger brushes, and it arrived today.

The complimentary tub of cream is, as always a nice touch.

I can’t wait to use the brush later on today.
A fantastic cream it is too! :)

Paul.

It’s a bit of a shame about the splashes I know top of the chain did ship splashes here before but stopped selling to us recently because of the obvious changes but you never know that could change in the future once things are a bit more settled
Yep it is - as much as I’m new to wet shaving, i already find myself preferring the splash to extend smell of the soap (obviously slight variations are fine), it just adds to the whole experience for me. Especially since I’m working from home so I often don’t really bother applying edp/edt afterwards , so that bit of a scent carrying on from aftershave is a nice touch.
Let’s hope for the best that they’ll start stocking them on this side eventually !

Yep it is - as much as I’m new to wet shaving, i already find myself preferring the splash to extend smell of the soap (obviously slight variations are fine), it just adds to the whole experience for me. Especially since I’m working from home so I often don’t really bother applying edp/edt afterwards , so that bit of a scent carrying on from aftershave is a nice touch.
Let’s hope for the best that they’ll start stocking them on this side eventually !
Yea I definitely prefer a splash to a balm..don’t get me wrong it’s nice to have both but you just can’t beat that nice alcohol burn and then that feeling of being refreshed afterwards

Yea I definitely prefer a splash to a balm..don’t get me wrong it’s nice to have both but you just can’t beat that nice alcohol burn and then that feeling of being refreshed afterwards
Exactly ! I rarely use balm on its own - usually it’s splash and then potentially balm depending on how my skin feels. But definitely splash is a must for me - I’d rather have matching splash and then just use unscented balm afterwards. Completely agree - can’t beat the burn, it’s just too nice!

Back
Top Bottom