April 2021 Acquisitions

Both arrived this morning...the twig looks stunningView attachment 68067View attachment 68068

The Stirling finest fan is one of my favourite brushes - at any price point. Nice big M7 type handle - in my opinion superb with any soap or cream you point it at. The short loft makes it bang on for face-lathering - I have owned one for years and it has never lost a hair - in fact - I'm going to use it this afternoon. :) - cheers - I.

20210412_172710.jpg
My new Strop-It Supex 77 and the case to store it in with the different sides and some Scotch tape for my honing stones arrived today.
It's very posh and I have already put my 0.5 Chromium oxide onto the white napped side, I have a feeling I might have put a little too much on though as the razor kept sticking to it.

View attachment 68077
My new Strop-It Supex 77 and the case to store it in with the different sides and some Scotch tape for my honing stones arrived today.
It's very posh and I have already put my 0.5 Chromium oxide onto the white napped side, I have a feeling I might have put a little too much on though as the razor kept sticking to it.
I plan to get the storage box for mine too to keep the beds in it looks great enjoy !

I rarely post on this section, but I think these are quite special.
20210413_123210.jpg20210413_123156.jpg20210413_123119.jpg
Gem Micromatic has come straight out of the box all the way from the US and A! I've not cleaned it yet or anything. Its beautiful. I'll use it with a used Gem i think as its gonna be more assertive than the ER1912. Cannot wait to use it.
20210413_122748.jpg
And these came a week or so ago. The Sandalwood is very subtle, but performance is excellent for the price point. The Rose scent is much stronger in the puck, although I've not lathered it yet.
Take care all.

I'll use it with a used Gem i think as its gonna be more assertive than the ER1912.
I have one of these - the brass Micromatic - and - yes - I'd agree with your assessment - a notch below the Streamline in my experience - the MM can deliver a superb shave - also - it's a lovely object and gloriously over-engineered. Enjoy - I.

I have one of these - the brass Micromatic - and - yes - I'd agree with your assessment - a notch below the Streamline in my experience - the MM can deliver a superb shave - also - it's a lovely object and gloriously over-engineered. Enjoy - I.
Thanks Ian,
I’m genuinely excited about using this.
I didn’t want to use a new Gem blade as I’ve found it takes about 3 shaves for the blade the smooth out.
Cheers
Phil

These little beauties have arrived this afternoon, the scent is just delightful can’t wait to get stuck in with theseView attachment 68130
I swear within past week I saw at least 5 pictures of this set being purchased by various people - is it really that good and worth getting? Asking for a friend (in case my girlfriend decides to stalk me and sees my post on here lol) :ROFLMAO:

I swear within past week I saw at least 5 pictures of this set being purchased by various people - is it really that good and worth getting? Asking for a friend (in case my girlfriend decides to stalk me and sees my post on here lol) :ROFLMAO:
It’s a lovely scent they are not the strongest but I don’t mind that..if you like Rose then I would say yes definitely worth buying

It’s a lovely scent they are not the strongest but I don’t mind that..if you like Rose then I would say yes definitely worth buying
I do enjoy rose scents quite a bit! Think I'll have to consider it, even more so that I didn't have anything from Zingari Man (does not having any soap/splash sets from certain artisans counts as an excuse to get them? :D )

I rarely post on this section, but I think these are quite special.
View attachment 68110View attachment 68111View attachment 68113
Gem Micromatic has come straight out of the box all the way from the US and A! I've not cleaned it yet or anything. Its beautiful. I'll use it with a used Gem i think as its gonna be more assertive than the ER1912. Cannot wait to use it.
View attachment 68114
And these came a week or so ago. The Sandalwood is very subtle, but performance is excellent for the price point. The Rose scent is much stronger in the puck, although I've not lathered it yet.
Take care all.
Beautiful Micromatic, ride the cap and all will be well. (y)

Back
Top Bottom