Anyone receive their LE Semogue yet?

Audiolab said:
Yes Teiste got no2.

Just saw his pics on Facebook!!

21535_264312896954_741791954_4780637_1704656_n.jpg

JaseB said:
How long do these need to be 'fully' broken in?
only used mine about 6 times now, plus some test lathers, so I assume I have a bit to go.?

Jase, a boar is deemed broken in when the bristles are split, the more the better. I have used mine 3 times & it is getting there quicker than I am used too. I think this is down to the thinner hairs.

You will notice an improvement in it lathering ability along the way too.

It will also depend on your beard type....the amount of pressure you use & of course the old cover arse statement - YMMV.

Splitting occurred pretty rapidly with mine also -- I believe them when they say that this LE was made with an exceptional quality boar hair.

Apart from that I noticed that the black stain they used for the 'fake two-tone' effect bleeds pretty badly. I can still see traces of it in the lather I squeeze out of the knot when test lathering. I won't consider the brush fully broken in until the bleeding has stopped.

Overall I'd have to say that, while not being the greatest fan of boar brushes, this is an exceptionally good brush. I could probably get by with it as my only brush.

Henk

Thanks Henk, I thought that was just me going mad. My first test lathers were with Honeybees Rose soap and it normally gives a very light colour lather, kind ok off white. My first few test lathers with the LE and this soap were dirty looking in colour but it semed to stop after about three or four lathers and good rinses in between.

Back
Top Bottom