Anyone receive their LE Semogue yet?

Help!!!

I can't seem to bring myself to use this brush. It looks so pretty sitting there, even the wife put it on a shelf in the bathroom. I swore I would never be a collector but it is number 17 of 100 and it seems such a shame to use it. I should have got two and put one in the stash.

I know I will use it because I am more curious how it performs then I am about looking at it, but it is like breaking the seal on a bottle that you know you can't get another one of.

How long does this take to break in properly Fido?

Audiolab said:
Help!!!

I can't seem to bring myself to use this brush. It looks so pretty sitting there, even the wife put it on a shelf in the bathroom. I swore I would never be a collector but it is number 17 of 100 and it seems such a shame to use it. I should have got two and put one in the stash.

I know I will use it because I am more curious how it performs then I am about looking at it, but it is like breaking the seal on a bottle that you know you can't get another one of.

How long does this take to break in properly Fido?

On the day mine arrived I took out a few soaps and spent a very pleasant half hour creating lathers. By the time I had finished the brush was soft and ready for use. It seemed to me well and truly broken in. Unlike some other boar brushes it did not have any kind of smell so that was not an issue. I've now used the brush several times and I'm delighted with it. I will soon post a review but won't say much more than it is a very fine brush, good value and a great performer.I ordered another one which I will keep in reserve either for me or any of my family who I convert to the cause.

I'll tentatively echo Fido's initial assessment: no unpleasant smells, broke in fairly easily, performs well and feels good for face lathering. Mine has bushed out quite a bit, and has a fair complement of split ends already: end on it looks really dense for a boar brush on account of this. I'll say more when Fido starts the review thread ...

I received HWMOM's just before Christmas, number 12. He's used it about 3 times now, and I had a go at lathering in a bowl today. In my very limited experience of these things, it seems quite soft; maybe because it is quite long?? It has also been moulting a couple of hairs with each use, is this normal when new?? With both of us being equally ignorant about these matters, we didn't do any breaking in procedure, he just started using it from the off. It seems to take more soap than the previous brush, but then it is quite a bit bigger.

It is normal for a new brush to shed a few hairs on the first few uses but that should all but stop, the odd one now and again. It is not necessary to break it in before use but personally I find much nicer to use when it is used a few times, its a personal preference.

If he is getting decent lather from it then keep using it, he will probably feel the improvement over time which in some way could be a richer experience.

That's good news about the shedding Audiolab, I was afraid I'ld gotten a dud. Also, I did think it seemed more difficult than with the old brush to get a good lather, so hopefully that will improve also.

My number 2:
P1030966.jpg

P1030964.jpg

P1030965.jpg

Back
Top Bottom