If someone ever decided to grate Palmolive into a fancy dish with a little nicer fragrance and stuck a designer label on it the shaving community would go Ga-Ga for it. I'm sure of it.

If someone ever decided to grate Palmolive into a fancy dish with a little nicer fragrance and stuck a designer label on it the shaving community would go Ga-Ga for it. I'm sure of it.
I think you're absolutely right there.

The scent is not that great but if you stick at it for long enough then it grows on you a little bit.
I remembered I hated Tabac, it was my second ever soap so I had to come back to it regularly. Now it's by far my favourite :)
I just finished shaving with it and it's such a good performer and smells terrific. I use a scattle but if I use my boar brush with it then the lather kind of dissipates before the 3rd pass. With a badger silvertip the lather remains alive throughout. The boar brush does a wonderful job with Tabac too but in face lather mode. Maybe my technique is not quite right :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just got a reply from Palmolive:

Subject: Your recent e-mail to Colgate-Palmolive

Dear Mr. Bowles,

Thank you for contacting us.

We're always pleased to hear from consumers however the idea that you have does not fit into our product line or plans for the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in our company.

Yours sincerely
Eleonora Cianfrini
Consumer Services Representative

I guess they like their 50p a pop product.

I think you're absolutely right there.

The scent is not that great but if you stick at it for long enough then it grows on you a little bit.
I remembered I hated Tabac, it was my second ever soap so I had to come back to it regularly. Now it's by far my favourite :)
I just finished shaving with it and it's such a good performer and smells terrific. I use a scattle but if I use my boar brush with it then the lather kind of dissipates before the 3rd pass. With a badger silvertip the lather remains alive throughout. The boar brush does a wonderful job with Tabac too but in face lather mode. Maybe my technique is not quite right :rolleyes:
You need more water with the boar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I haven't come across a large manufacturer whose products cost less than £5 and have a clean ingredients list. I think this is key for myself personally.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom