I've been shaving a couple of years now so I have my go to blades razor soap etc. But as I try new soaps I always find myself going back to palmolive. I last tried XXX and I don't see the hype 6es it was a good soap but didn't grab me so to speak. Has anybody else had similar expirences with products that are so cheap and run of the mill thanks.

Well, the Blessed Soap Of Turkey certainly is the one for me. Most other soaps can lack in some department, be it lather or irritability but if I want a no-nonsense dependable shave that's what I'll use.

Got to like the " Blessed Soap of Turkey " name, hope it catches on. As far as inexpensive products go, I've been using Brut ever since ( back in the mid 1960s ) it counted as a fairly expensive scent. Frags like that, Blue Stratos or Denim still seem amazing value to me and the fact they've made it through to the 21st century speaks volumes of their classic appeal.

JohnnyO. o/

when you have something that works, you keep it. I like arko, but it isn't quitte as smooth as erasmic is, and the shave doesn't stay as smooth for as long.

its nice to try stuff, but youll learn that certain things make you smile. and certain things will make you toss your lunch.

As I am fairly new to this lark I found myself rather snobbishly dismissing my Palmolive grated sticks in favour of soaps costing ten times more but not offering any benifits over the Palmolive. I have never had a bad shave using the green stuff. It had super glide and great lather. I think it suffers in the shaving community from being over looked as it is the common or garden soap. While artisans come and go Palmolive is still there on the supermarket shelf for less than 50p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom