Aleppo Soap

A one pass trial for the team is a great idea
Well, I just had a go. Gave the brush a good rinse, then another, before loading it up to ensure no residual shaving soap in there from yesterday.

My soap was the 70% laurel which has 20% olive oil and then water and glycerin as the only ingredients.

Well I did build up a lather. It was a thin lather that moved around the face but was a lot better than washing up liquid! I chose a Fatboy on setting 9 with a fresh Feather. Yes, I was going all in from the start!
I did three passes in the end and completed the shave without dialling down or changing the blade, nor using another soap.
I wouldn't recommend it or repeat it but my skin doesn't feel sore and the shave result was fine. It just felt a bit odd with such a thin lather that looked more like waves from the beach around my face!

Last edited:
I bought the 70% stuff, genuinely don’t know what the hype is about, what am I missing?
I have been using the same soap as you for over two weeks, and there has been no appreciable change with my dry skin.

Going to persevere. At the very least, get my monies worth ;)

Having used this for a while, my conclusion is that it is not curative (psoriasis) but it does not exacerbate or cause irritation. I cannot use conventional shampoo to wash my hair as it causes flare-up. The Allepo leaves my hair and scalp clean and without irritation. The major curative thing is increasing Vitamin D3 intake. Occasional use of 1% hydrocortisone for flare-up (now much less frequent) is also needed. So Aleppo is a help if not a cure but I'll definitely be using this from now on.

Used this every day since 11th October. Mine is the 70% laurel oil version.
I like it. The smell isn't terrible but not great either. I get used to it; it's the natural smell. It produces a good lather and seems to be good for the skin. Seems to help with my scalp; still a little itching on one or two days sometimes but better than it has been.
I like it enough to get some more.
How much of this is confirmation bias or a placebo I can't say.

Having used this for a while, my conclusion is that it is not curative (psoriasis) but it does not exacerbate or cause irritation. I cannot use conventional shampoo to wash my hair as it causes flare-up. The Allepo leaves my hair and scalp clean and without irritation. The major curative thing is increasing Vitamin D3 intake. Occasional use of 1% hydrocortisone for flare-up (now much less frequent) is also needed. So Aleppo is a help if not a cure but I'll definitely be using this from now on.
I have never tried vitamin D3 for my psoriasis, what strength do you take and how long was it before you saw any kind of results?
My main treatment is Dovobet ointment but it's no good for your head if you have hair, thankfully I don't as I have always loved being bald.
I put it down to my mum making me grow up with Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas lmao :ROFLMAO:
On a serious note I am keen to try new things to keep the flare ups under control.
The wife and I both enjoy Allepo soap as it doesn't seem to dry the skin, although she wants me to try the scented ones next.

Back
Top Bottom