Aleppo Soap

I know a few people on here use this, I'm just after opinions on it :)
I'm fancying some, I'd just like to know what's it like to bathe with, scent, skin feel...what to watch out for when buying on eBay, those sort of things.
Any opinions gratefully received :)
Aleppo soap has It's own natural scent, olive oil and laurel oil, quite pleasant really.
The percentage of laurel oil can be as low as 5% or as high as 70%, the higher the laurel oil the better it is for your skin but it makes it more expensive.
I use 70% Laurel oil soap but 50% is still good.
The best soap is still made in Aleppo although it is now made in Turkey and surrounding areas.
The highest quality has the highest Laurel oil content and is slightly softer and doesn't last quite as long as the 20 or 50 % soap.
In my opinion Aleppo soap is the best soap you can buy, use it for face body and as a shampoo bar
It only contains olive oil, Laurel oil and lye, the method of manufacturing hasn't changed for centuries.
I have a 50% bar I will gladly send to you, no payment needed, my gift to you.
I have my seller on eBay who I buy mine from and I can PM you their details should you wish.
It's a good honest soap that has stood the test of time and may it continue to be made for centuries to come.
You may have guessed by now that I really love this soap, which leaves your skin feeling great, it is good for problem skin also, it's as pure as a soap can get.
Take me up on my offer, PM me your address and you can try before you buy. :)

Paul.

Aleppo soap has It's own natural scent, olive oil and laurel oil, quite pleasant really.
The percentage of laurel oil can be as low as 5% or as high as 70%, the higher the laurel oil the better it is for your skin but it makes it more expensive.
The best soap is still made in Aleppo although it is now made in Turkey and surrounding areas.
The highest quality has the highest Laurel oil content and is slightly softer and doesn't last quite as long as the 20 or 50 % soap.
In my opinion Aleppo soap is the best soap you can buy, use it for face body and as a shampoo bar
It only contains olive oil, Laurel oil and lye, the method of manufacturing hasn't changed for centuries.
I have my seller on eBay who I buy mine from and I can PM you their details should you wish.
It's a good honest soap that has stood the test of time and may it continue to be made for centuries to come.
You may have guessed by now that I really love this soap, which leaves your skin feeling great, it is good for problem skin also, it's as pure as a soap can get.

Paul.
Thank you very much for your answer, and your offer. Pm incoming :)

Covered nicely ...

Another couple of things to say is that, first, the soap does not produce that lather that you might be used to with modern soap bars and second, you can cut the bars into slices to leave around various basins - the insides will still be curing so you'll be exposing an uncured part of the soap but that doesn't detract from its function.

Have fun with what really is the most natural processed and most wonderful soap!

You could also look into Beldi (Moroccan) soap, which I like to use in the shower by first smearing it onto a sisal mitten and enjoying an invigorating scrub. Insanely clean and smooth-feeling skin afterwards.

Couple of older threads that may be of interest:

Paul.
Could you PM a link to your recommended seller

Back
Top Bottom