Affordable SE razor

Is a classic Schick or GEM the only way to go with this? I get razor burn on my neck so I have been advised elsewhere that using an SE on the neck area might help this. I missed out on the Razorock circus and the Mongoose is too expensive so what else is out there that is new? If not I guess a cheap old injector!

What do you consider to be affordable? there are many affordable Feather AC options in the USA but when you add shipping and other stuff, a $20 razor becomes expensive. I was going to recommend the Claymore, but found out that they are working on a newer version right now and so would be unavailable for a while. If you are looking at a Schick injector or Gem, go with the later models as they got less aggressive over the years. For the Gem, I would recommend the Featherweight and for the Schick, I would recommend a Type J or higher.

Is a classic Schick or GEM the only way to go with this? I get razor burn on my neck so I have been advised elsewhere that using an SE on the neck area might help this. I missed out on the Razorock circus and the Mongoose is too expensive so what else is out there that is new? If not I guess a cheap old injector!

Single Edge and Colonial Razors The General are not too dear. The Razorock Hawk will come back into stock sometime, but you need to sign up for notification and follow them on social media for release announcements.

The Rocnel SE 50 is about £75,but the Rocnel SE-P which uses halved DE blades is less expensive.

I haven't seen anything Mongoose on offer recently anyway.

Otherwise a vintage PAL wouldn't be too hard to come by.

@Glen_Lee All the vintage Schicks and PALS i see are higher than that and have daft carriage costs :( General looks like a nice bit of kit but customs and duty make ordering anything from US dear. Maybe when President Trump (ugh) drives the Dollar through the floor lol.

Will file this info away for future reference anyway :)

@Glen_Lee All the vintage Schicks and PALS i see are higher than that and have daft carriage costs :( General looks like a nice bit of kit but customs and duty make ordering anything from US dear. Maybe when President Trump (ugh) drives the Dollar through the floor lol.

Will file this info away for future reference anyway :)
Right at the moment, there's a cased Schick on eBay at £14.95 BIN plus £3 postage, a boxed PAL at £17.15 BIN plus £2.85 postage, and two other PALs, both also boxed, with no bids yet, and start prices of £4.99 and 99p. They're all in the UK.

The SE's are not that uncommon on UK Ebay; the rarities are the Schick DEs.

Oh yeah I have seen them now! I will sleep on it. The 99p one looks a little tatty and the other one is ok but the post is more than the razor again. I will sleep on it!

Last edited:
Right at the moment, there's a cased Schick on eBay at £14.95 BIN plus £3 postage, a boxed PAL at £17.15 BIN plus £2.85 postage, and two other PALs, both also boxed, with no bids yet, and start prices of £4.99 and 99p. They're all in the UK.

The SE's are not that uncommon on UK Ebay; the rarities are the Schick DEs.
The £4.99 PAL - looks good for the price. Would be worth a bid. For the postage cost I would hope that is for 1st class registered at the very least. :eek:

Oh yeah I have seen them now! I will sleep on it. The 99p one looks a little tatty and the other one is ok but the post is more than the razor again. I will sleep on it!
Just seen this (link removed) - looks good, decent starting price and what looks like NOS blades!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom