Adding fragrances.

Has anyone ever successfully added EO's or fragrances to a (tallow)shaving soap?
I don't mean during use but actually grinding up the soap and introducing the oil to the mixture permanently.
To be precise, I love the performance of Erasmic but am repelled by the horrific stench :? that eminates from it - too soapy - who wants to smell like a schoolboy who has just been scrubbed by Matron? (Except of course the Norfolk Porker)
All submissions gratefully received.

Sir

you've got me thinking now as i do have some fragrance vials i could use (used to make soaps for the ladies for pressies) and a soap that performs very well but the scent repels me - Arko

i will make an attempt when i return from my holidays, but there's a high chance of failure on this as i don't know how you'd successfully add the scent now it's in a solid state?
very fine grating?

i shall report on my efforts at a later date

Hando.
Thank you for your interest.
What I normally do is to pass the soap through a Parmesan mill into a container - I find discarded Tesco honey containers ideal, add a little water and press down and leave to harden before use.
What occured to me was what if some fragrance-bearing fluid was to replace the small amount of water?
I tried Bay Rum but that just evaporated - which set me off thinking about EO's and suchlike mixed with the grated soap before pressing and hardening.
Food for thought ?

Sorry this is a tad OT but probably not worth starting a new post. Can someone tell me if there is fragrance loss when melting and re-hardening glycerine soaps?

Sue, who make the Honeybee soaps told me that if you melt a soap using a double boiler (as you would for chocolate) and melt slowly stirring well there should be no loss. Just dont heat too quick and do not boil at all.

I assume this is the case for all soaps you can melt.

Pig Cat said:
Sorry this is a tad OT but probably not worth starting a new post. Can someone tell me if there is fragrance loss when melting and re-hardening glycerine soaps?

Will you get your trivia off my thread you feline bloody porker before I come round there with a roasing spit and a large jar of apple sauce!

Fops are permitted so long as they aren't work shy, it's all in the terms of use which everyone must have read? :D

How about dandies? I don't like SirPrize anymore, he was nasty to me. :cry:

And might I add that he's already been banned from one shaving-related internet forum. He has form. The Dark Knight is abroad... :shock:

Back soon, just off to feed the baby, and that is not a euphemism.

Fops are contemptible - Dandies are impeccable - take your choice (I know who I identify with)
Adam, if you feel that my banter went too far I will cheerfully delete the posting.

SirPrize said:
Adam, if you feel that my banter went too far I will cheerfully delete the posting.

A great man once said, "I am what I am". If you wish to discuss my feline and for that matter porcine nature that is fine with me. I'm sorry if I called you a fop and/or dandy. I'm sure you are neither. A knight of the realm must have some redeeming qualities - I'm sure we'll find out one day... ;)

Pig Cat said:
SirPrize said:

A great man once said, "I am what I am". If you wish to discuss my feline and for that matter porcine nature that is fine with me. I'm sorry if I called you a fop and/or dandy. I'm sure you are neither. A knight of the realm must have some redeeming qualities - I'm sure we'll find out one day... ;)

Gracefully put, Sir - and may I take this opportunity to offer my unqualified apology for any offence that I might have caused.

Back
Top Bottom