Acquisitions wc Mon 28th June - Sun 4th July incl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urban Hermit said:
An F4 (1960) Gillette Adjustable 'Fatboy' arrived in today's post...
      • for me.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Some pitting etc, but the machinery works fine and overall it's pretty faboo!

• i will require you to send Money to my Paypal account for use of my pictures !! ;) :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
i will require you to send Money to my Paypal account for use of my pictures !! ;) :lol:

meh! it's too hot & humid to dig out the camera and such tonight.
  • ... besides, maybe I have the exact same car upholstery on my living room furniture as you have.[/list:u]
    ;)

Picked up the "Sensitive" version of the Nivea asb yesterday, as part of my continuing "no alcohol or menthol" experiment.

Ian

My "Aristocrat Jnr" turnded up this week and it did indeed turn out to be a Rocket as you guys suggested. It has cleaned up nicely and I look forward to trying it tonight.

I also received an aluminium Rocket in a trade with the Gent that is Mikael - I can't believe how light it is (around half that of the rocket).

Also, based on the plaudits from Rev-O (and the fact it was only 15 Euros delivered) I have won a Gillette Parat (or at least that's what it says and I think it is): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380245246191&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT</a><!-- m -->

Picked up my 500 Jewel blades as well so been a good week all in all as long as SWMBO doesn't find out :lol:

KRF1963 said:
My "Aristocrat Jnr" turnded up this week and it did indeed turn out to be a Rocket as you guys suggested. It has cleaned up nicely and I look forward to trying it tonight.

I also received an aluminium Rocket in a trade with the Gent that is Mikael - I can't believe how light it is (around half that of the rocket).

Also, based on the plaudits from Rev-O (and the fact it was only 15 Euros delivered) I have won a Gillette Parat (or at least that's what it says and I think it is): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380245246191&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT</a><!-- m -->

Picked up my 500 Jewel blades as well so been a good week all in all as long as SWMBO doesn't find out :lol:

Nice... ;)

Rockets & Parats are all nice razors, if a vintage gillette cleans up well, don't matter what it is ;)

How many guys on here sneak their new shaving goodies so their better halves don't find out ? :oops: i do :oops: :lol:
really i think she knows what i'm doing, if she doesn't say too much, i won't go on about her bloody shoe collection !

sunburyboy93 said:
Nice... ;)

Rockets & Parats are all nice razors, if a vintage gillette cleans up well, don't matter what it is ;)

How many guys on here sneak their new shaving goodies so their better halves don't find out ? :oops: i do :oops: :lol:
really i think she knows what i'm doing, if she doesn't say too much, i won't go on about her bloody shoe collection !

The Rocket was a tad grubby when it arrived but after a soak, a scrub and a bit of a polish it has come up quite nicely. The head is nice and shiny but the handle hasn't come up as well as I would like it to.

How do the rest of you make them as shiny as they all appear in the pictures?

sunburyboy93 said:

Its no coincidence I ordered a new brush from Fido to arrive on Tue/Wed when I'm home alone ;)

KRF1963 said:
sunburyboy93 said:
Nice... ;)

The Rocket was a tad grubby when it arrived but after a soak, a scrub and a bit of a polish it has come up quite nicely. The head is nice and shiny but the handle hasn't come up as well as I would like it to.

How do the rest of you make them as shiny as they all appear in the pictures?

i have an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner (amazon £25), and scrup gently with a babys toothbrush, try not to use metal polish (Silvo) on handles
as it makes them look grubby.

Just in today from ScentFromHeaven , two glycerine soaps. Look nice, are similar in appearance to the classic ColonelK or MamaB soaps, however are shaped more like conventional toilet soaps, ie rectangular. Gave one a quick try & lathers very easily with what seems to be a firm, creamy lather. Thanks to The London Turk for tipping me off to these. :D

JohnnyO.

JohnnyO said:
Just in today from ScentFromHeaven , two glycerine soaps. Look nice, are similar in appearance to the classic ColonelK or MamaB soaps, however are shaped more like conventional toilet soaps, ie rectangular. Gave one a quick try & lathers very easily with what seems to be a firm, creamy lather. Thanks to The London Turk for tipping me off to these. :D

JohnnyO.

just having a look, what ones did you get ?

Hi Sunster, I "splashed out" the extra 50p and got the "Brut" style. Which is more similar to the present Brut splash than the original Faberge one. Having said which it's not a particularly strong fragrance, but very pleasant and fresh scented. If the soap performs as well as the trial lather I got & as London Turk advises then this just has to be an absolute steal at the price ! (Kim is also a very nice lady with whom to deal btw). If anyone wants to give a glycerine soap a try (I know some don't really like them) then I'm anticipating that these ones will outperform ColonelK on lather as well as cost. Time will tell. :shave

JohnnyO.

Edwin Jaeger DE in ivory, I believe a Muhle headed version, was ordered last night My Muhle R89 which was "on loan" to my Father has now been borrowed permanently, shaving kit going against the generations for once.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom