Acquisitions wc Mon 28th June - Sun 4th July incl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1200 bits of razor sharp loveliness :D

photo-1.jpg

3 Tubes of cool cologne shaving cream and 2 bottles of Freshwood aftershave balm, all for £7.35, and a bottle of founders Reserve Cologne from TK Maxx for £7.00

4742272790_52e7ca94c4_m.jpg

Tabac soap in jar thanks to Shrinks post from Scents and Scentsability as I work nearby £6.95

3 Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream @ 85p each

Boots Styptic Pencil (as my alum bar doesn't seem to do anything to stop bleeding from nicks!)

The small Body Shop jar is a sample of Macca Shave Cream to try. It's on offer at the moment 3 for 2 making each tub £5.30. Don't really need it any more that the Boots cream but wanted to try it.

So a big thank you to Shrink as I've always wanted a Tabac bowl and can stop milling sticks into a ramekin!

:shave

Nice, I tired one of those Jewel blades at the weekend and they are quite smooth. A steal at the price and UK made, what's not to like, that's only about 10 years supply, better get some more.... ;)

Simmo if you have never tired Tabac soap the smell may be a bit weird at first but it does mellow down over time, either that or you get used to it. The performance of it however makes it one of the finest in my arsenal of soaps and it seem to last forever.

Some Jewel blades and a little pink two blade disposable (came with the blades), 200 Sharks and they included a book of styptic matches and a pack of "Asco" blades.

Audiolab said:
Some Jewel blades and a little pink two blade disposable (came with the blades), 200 Sharks and they included a book of styptic matches and a pack of "Asco" blades.

oooo - Asco Red, Orange or Red & Blues?

For some odd reason, that reminds me:
  • I didn't see any Shark blades on Connaught today
    • ... but Cromas are back.[/list:u][/list:u]

Picked up a keenly priced Fatboy from ebay which came today, so I can see what all the fuss is about!

Also plumped for some Proraso shave soap as a second from Connaughts ebay shop.

I'm supposed to be saving money here...... :roll:

quattrojames said:
Picked up a keenly priced Fatboy from ebay which came today, so I can see what all the fuss is about!

Also plumped for some Proraso shave soap as a second from Connaughts ebay shop.

I'm supposed to be saving money here...... :roll:

make sure the blade lines up properly, i have seen two x shave grade condition fatboys where the alignment was very bad....

i used a feather on Adjustment "5" and the shave was superb !!

if you wanted to try one, i could have lent you one as i have three

sunburyboy93 said:
make sure the blade lines up properly, i have seen two x shave grade condition fatboys where the alignment was very bad....

Thankyou for the offer! It looks ok (to me) but I'm going to post a few pics in the right section so those more knowledgable can offer their advice ;)

I had thought a feather might be a good blade to try.

Fatboy001.jpg

quattrojames said:
sunburyboy93 said:

Thankyou for the offer! It looks ok (to me) but I'm going to post a few pics in the right section so those more knowledgable can offer their advice ;)

I had thought a feather might be a good blade to try.
]

looks really nice if you wanted to re paint any faded numbers, i used black enamel paint from Humbrol (Airfix Paint) and a cocktail stick :D

Went to Kempton Antiques Fair this morning, (up at 6am eergh :cry: ) but well worth the trip, picked up a Gillette Tech, and...................
(Drum Roll)...............a Boxed 1949 Rhodium Plated Gillette Aristocrat "No 22" Set, both for £12.00......pics to follow soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom