Acquisitions w/c Mon 4th - Sun 10th June incl.

NotTheStig said:
Not received it yet but think I have picked up one of these:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old%20Type/1920s%20Pocket%20Edition%20No501-B.jpg
Came with a nice selection of vintage blades, which were actually the things that first caught my eye.
Got it today. Most of the blades were empty packets or used. Those that looked ok were in opened wrappers so still a bit suspect to me. The razor case was mouldy but the razor and blade box actually looks ok. No cracks or bent teeth or green bits. I was expecting a nice lot of blades to use and a ropey razor; looks like it's the other way round.

A gleaming Merkur 39C from paddyshave on here. Wish I'd waited until the postman came before shaving today, but I've been enjoying rediscovering the 1904 too much. Have already loaded up a Feather in anticipation of tomorrow's shave!

NotTheStig said:
NotTheStig said:
Not received it yet but think I have picked up one of these:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old%20Type/1920s%20Pocket%20Edition%20No501-B.jpg
Came with a nice selection of vintage blades, which were actually the things that first caught my eye.
Got it today. Most of the blades were empty packets or used. Those that looked ok were in opened wrappers so still a bit suspect to me. The razor case was mouldy but the razor and blade box actually looks ok. No cracks or bent teeth or green bits. I was expecting a nice lot of blades to use and a ropey razor; looks like it's the other way round.
Got a full refund from the seller (even his postage) and he was happy for me to keep/bin the contents as appropriate. With the refund I got 80 Bleue Extra NOS blades and still had a little change so I'm happy.

Salvaged 8 unused vintage Super Silver blades (still in dispenser but dispenser dusty so gave them a quick Ultrasonic bath in detergent and air-dried them) and the razor. Sadly I doubt even Jamies would be able to save the case. The leatherette had worn away badly along most edges and the metal underneath had rusted badly. The blue velvet-like material honked like no-one's business and there was a lot of staining and mould on it. Some of the mould was quite furry :-S.
Anyway this is the success story...
IMAG0396.jpg

In case you're interested here's the case for it which is now in the bin.
IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

It is one of these: http://mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old%20Type/1921-28%20Old%20Type%20Set.JPG

A productive visit to Exeter and the L'Occitan shop

[attachment=4934]

And a Manfrotto Carbon Fibre Tripod

[attachment=4935]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339093708.634820.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339093708.634820.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 57
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339093768.818853.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339093768.818853.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 55
Hiya,

Got my 500g of Klar Kabinett today from www.royalshave.com. Only took two days from California to Chicago, which is pretty fast.

This vendor has about the best selection of shaving crap I can remember seeing. If you get a minute, take a look at the product list....pretty amazing. Heh, I believe this is the only place in the world where it's possible to buy Xpec products in the States. Always wanted to try the shaving cream, but a few things put me off any purchase in the past.

The first issue was that no one was making this available to the US market and hadn't been for years. Only one UK vendor and no sending overseas.

The other stumbling block is the price. You guys ever hear of this stuff? Yes, it's a tad expensive......the whole line is like that. Which Royal Shave carries! Yep, all the EdTs and aftershaves and stuff. Never seen that all in one place before.

Now this cream gets some unbelieveable reviews. You can do a search if interested (not doing any enabling of course). Sheeeesh.

Anyway, this place is a good option if you're looking for something unusual like Dr Dittmar or IK or Gold Dachs and the like. They do ship International, but no idea about the charges.

Martin

Picked up another FB last week of the bay other day it was on a BIN for $20 plus p&p but it's condition didn't look brill but because it was cheap i could get it replated if it needed it. had to fetch it from PO other day but it turns out a good scrub and a bit of polish and it was near as good as new.....
KGrHqJHJCgE-e1UonNBPv8SJnSg60_3.jpg
KGrHqRHJCYE-eBNU-0IBPv8SeoOg60_3.jpg
KGrHqVHJsE-gEE1vDFBPv8SUSb60_3.jpg
IMAG1343.jpg
IMAG1341.jpg
IMAG1340.jpg

Sunburyboy93 said:
Nice job on that Fatty Dave..............well done, nice to get a rotter that turns out nice :icon_razz:

Cheers steve yeah its good when they clean up nice makes up for the real crappy ones that crop up in between..

Some spanish acquisitions:

- LEA balm, really cheap (about 2 pounds) and is one of the few *real* mentholated balms in the market appart from 444 or Myrsol Emulsion. Good deal for this summer!
- A box of Filomatic NOS blades! I have tested many blades and I can say that these are without doubt the best. None have the excellent rate of sharpness (almost like Feather) and softness/care with the skin like these! Unfortunately today are very hard to find, I have been looking for them for months...

Cheers!

Well, I made this. I could not see spending 100 pounds for a box made of vaneers and finished by a monkey. The straight razor folks know Thiers-Issard, well they make a safety razor box also. I did not like the quality.

Now the hard part, a French polish! I have shellac, pumice and a lot of liniment for shoulders ready! Well I have more sanding to do first. This is only with a 320 grit. ill go to 0000 steel wool before the finish! Then hardware![attachment=4936][attachment=4937]

Attachments

• L1000286.JPG
    L1000286.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 45
  • L1000287.JPG
    L1000287.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom