Acquisitions w/c Mon 25th - Sun 31st Oct incl.

quattrojames said:
A really nice beech wood bowl from Connaught for the ToOBS Sandalwood refill from Sunburyboy, which doesn't fit :lol:

Ids said:
I received some essence de sunbury today and it smells pretty good, it'll get it's run out next week

I'd have worded it slightly less dodgily, but I agree with your sentiments ;)

Why, did you get something different? :lol:

Today I got a shaft of solid, stainless, knurled steel (Shaft - damn right!) from sunburyboy93. (His Bakelite tube might be in one of the two parcels, too large to fit through the slot in the door, that Royal Mail are holding for me).

... and Nanny got someone's goat, milked it and used it in her Lemony Lime shaving soap, which I have just used for the evening's shave - abso-bloody-lutely fan-freakin'-tastic stuff - it's a good 'un Sharon!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here on the day, but on Tuesday this week, along with 150+ Sputnik Teflons & 50 Gillette Rubies, as well as tubes of Kalina Everest and Tet-a-Tet shave creams and ASCs (from another one of our fine members of the forum - thanks very much, again), I received my commissioned shave set from beejay, in its entirety. The Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Bluesshaving set is not just a work of art, it's four works of art that when seen together combine to make yet a fifth work of art. It was also part of this evening's superb shaving experience. My new avatar does not do it justice; perhaps I'll get some pics of it over the weekend to post some place in here.

sunburyboy93 said:
Pig Cat said:
A rather nice Schick Krona razor courtesy of lovely Sunbury Boy. Great looks and a great shaver - and the same can be said about the razor!! :eek: :oops:

You said you wouldn't say anything about those pics I sent you :oops:

I've been circulating them to all the members here. Great examples of BBS. Well, SBBS anyway! :eek:

Just taken delivery of an Ebay win.

Joseph Elliot's Best Silver Steel, 6/8 Barbers notch, (near) full wedge with horn scales. It is in need of some, hopefully, light restoration and honing.

My 1st Wedge and 1st barbers notch....

There is a small chip on the end of the scales but that's character due to age, the spacer might be pewter or lead and I was slightly surprised that it has no Jimps either top or bottom. Looks like it will clean up OK :) but I guess we'll see. No mention of the town of manufacture but I'm assuming its a Sheffield razor.

Any ideas date wise would be great, I guess a clue might be when silver steel was 1st used at least then I would have a no older than date.

258pkl2.jpg

90mzux.jpg

ehfbzc.jpg

2lvbs3r.jpg

Jeltz said:
Just taken delivery of an Ebay win.

Joseph Elliot's Best Silver Steel, 6/8 Barbers notch, (near) full wedge with horn scales. It is in need of some, hopefully, light restoration and honing.

My 1st Wedge and 1st barbers notch....

There is a small chip on the end of the scales but that's character due to age, the spacer might be pewter or lead and I was slightly surprised that it has no Jimps either top or bottom. Looks like it will clean up OK :) but I guess we'll see. No mention of the town of manufacture but I'm assuming its a Sheffield razor.

Any ideas date wise would be great, I guess a clue might be when silver steel was 1st used at least then I would have a no older than date.

Nice one :D. I don´t think it´s silver steel, doesn´t look that way and maybe 100 + a couple of years. My guess though, Neil should actually know :lol:

This week:

1805 Cologne 100ML
Grafton Cologne 100ML
both from T&H after getting one of their cologne sample packs

Bvlgari pour homme soir EDT 50ml from fragrance direct

Spent too much this week :oops:

Back
Top Bottom