Acquisitions w/c Mon 25th - Sun 31st Oct incl.

- RazoRock Alum Stick courtesy of SirWhiskers over at B&B (new, $5). Bought a few things off him, so asked to have this thrown in as well in order to give it a go.
- Boxed English Gillette NEW 1930's courtesy of the usual suspect.

Viscount Rolls Razor, fiver all in from the bay.
DSC00058.JPG

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

I think I got lucky as it is sailing through arm hair right out of the box, might go for the shave test before heading to the hones. My first Rolls, these really are nice pieces of work. I thought it only came with a strop but there's a hone in there too, nice.

hunnymonster said:
A set of Wahl 8110 balding clippers.

If anyone needs a grade ½ or 1½ guard to fit Wahl clippers, please yell, because I'll not be using either of them ever.

I've been looking at these as my remingtons are getting a bit lazy.

What are they like? I'd be interested to hear.

Well on this morning's outing, they did exactly as I expected them to do... all the hair was detached from my head and left in a pile on the floor.

A smooth experience, not agricultural at all (like the old Remingtons they replaced). From the get go, they feel like they're more substantial. Note on the 8110 model there is no tapering adjustment, no speed adjustment - the only options are to add guards (and you only get the ½ & 1½ grade guards as standard).

Well they're definitely finer blades than the Remingtons (which were a "panic purchase" about 3 or 4 years ago) - against other Wahls I couldn't say for sure - the closer cut suggests that they are though.

Oh and be careful if buying the 8110... There is the "old" black handled version and the "new" red handled. The black handled ones have a reputation for nicking and nipping the skin. They're also widely being sold off... I paid £40 delivered for my red-handled model.

Alum
Selection of blades
Menthol shave oil
Scent from Heaven 'Old Spice' shaving soap
Tabac stick

All from a trade with Ollie.
Never tried Alum before and I like it. The same with Tabac. Tried the Old Spice soap and it doesn't smell like Old Spice to me. Pleasant enough but not for me. Neither is the shave oil. (If anyone wants either or both, let me know - I'd welcome a shave stick in return if you have one or I'll PIF if not.)

Junk shop find £8 the pair :) Both in the wrong tatty boxes

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its a Slim Adjustable (L4 1966) and a Superspeed (Brit pat 694093) with II stamped under the head.

iohy5u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom