Acquisitions Mon. 30th Aug. to Sun. 5th Sept. incl.

Re: Red hot additions

Yellow Jim said:
Slim Adjustable (I2 date code 1963) from ebay.

Is that the Slim Adjustable that went for £15.50 or something like that?I was in with you if it is,i wasnt too fussed about it though,hows the condition?Looks really good on the photo :)

Scorpio said:
Is that the Slim Adjustable that went for £15.50 or something like that?I was in with you if it is,i wasnt too fussed about it though,hows the condition?Looks really good on the photo :)

It was Dan yeah, sorry. £12.50 + £3 postage. It's in great condition, a little bit of soap scum on it but that's about it. Saw that it was slightly mislabelled and decided to stick in a low snipe on it, fortunate enough to win it this time. :oops:

Yellow Jim said:
It was Dan yeah, sorry. £12.50 + £3 postage. It's in great condition, a little bit of soap scum on it but that's about it. Saw that it was slightly mislabelled and decided to stick in a low snipe on it, fortunate enough to win it this time. :oops:

Oh yeah i remember now,i had it for like £12 until like 10 second left or something :lol: i wasnt too bothered to be honest,if i wanted a Slim i might have pushed you up abit more but wasnt too fussed as im sticking with SE's now.
You would have got it for dirt cheap had i not bid on it,there was only me,you and someone else and they maxed out at like £7 i think.
I think it looked in good nick too,still a bargain you got there matey and im glad someone here got it ;)

A very nice Simpsons Commodore X1 brush from Badgerandhone.

Excellent price and service as always!

I was amazed at how small it is as I wasn't really expecting something so small. It has already bloomed nicely after only one practice lather. I used it this afternoon and was amazed by how much lather it created. A joy to use and I can only imagine it will improve :D

• Today, I acquired a Fed Ex "sorry, we missed you"-type card, according to which, they only deliver between 09:00 & 17:30, Monday to Friday, but their office is open 09:00 to 18:30 Monday to Friday, & 08:30 to Noon on Saturday.[/list:u]
          • :? [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
              • ... doesn't even say where it's from.
                  • *mutter mumble grumble*[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

From Tuesday at the Antiques Fair

bdc02c3b.jpg

c330e986.jpg

Ally Tech
Wilky Sticky
Gillette Belmont
2 x Parker 45 FP
Parker 25 FP

Got my shaving order today:
The bluebeards Revenge and a shaving brush travel holder.

Also a replacement vulfix 404 from diamond edge.

Just waiting for my semogues now!

N_Architect said:
Ever Ready 1912 from moodymick. Thank you, excellent packing and price!

Are these pretty aggressive beasts? I'd assume so...

The SE blades are different to a DE,there is abit of flexability in a DE blade where as SE blades have little to none,so you have to be careful for sure ;)

Thank you Scorpio.

One more question: is the 1912 much more aggressive than a G-bar? I cannot see the G-bar having these 'combs' under the blade.
Don't know if you use a G-bar, I believe Teiste or Jose uses one. I don't have a G-bar but missed one on the bay few weeks back and I'm still wondering if I should get one...

N_Architect said:
Thank you Scorpio.

One more question: is the 1912 much more aggressive than a G-bar? I cannot see the G-bar having these 'combs' under the blade.
Don't know if you use a G-bar, I believe Teiste or Jose uses one. I don't have a G-bar but missed one on the bay few weeks back and I'm still wondering if I should get one...

Not had the chance to use a G-bar myself so i couldnt tell you,when moving up from DE to SE i got nicks the first shave for sure,quite a few of them if im honest :lol: but im still fairly new to it all so its understandable,plus it only took me 2 shaves to get used to it and get some great shaves.
Its pretty aggressive but an Ever Ready Streamline is more aggressive in my book,let us know how you get on :)

Back
Top Bottom