Acquisitions Mon. 30th Aug. to Sun. 5th Sept. incl.

andyjreid said:
I got 96 (ordered 100) Gillette Super Thin Blades from Huny from ebay.

Got Vietnamese ones this time instead of Thai. Is there much difference? Like a chalk and cheese difference.

I couldn't tell much difference between the two, if anything though i just preferred the feel of the Vietnamese ones which is why i bought a couple of hundred from Hyun rather than the guy from Thai ;) :)

Got a Monsavon bowl today, apparently very good, and very cheap will try this soon ;)

xjJGF.jpg

FB.

Went to Kempton Antiques Market today, bumped into Chris (neocaligatio) still trying to convince him i'm not stalking him :oops: got myself a Gillette New Belmont (thought it was a Bostonian) but on closer inspection and checking Mr Razors site, it is the Belmont, also got myself a Wilkinson Sticky, three parker 45's and a parker 25 Fountain pens.... all for the bargain price
of £15.00

will post pics after cleaning

1930s%20Belmont%202-piece.JPG

Just arrived photo shows scale of razor (Pencil is my old Caran D'Ache), Will have a shave soon then report (very happy with it already)

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 96
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 96
Quite a few items

Connaught Violet shaving creme and bonus blades - thanks Konstantinos
TOBS Eton college aftershave and Badger and Hone hot towel - didn't hit the 20 but they still threw one in.
Vulfix bodger 404 from diamond edge, I was quite suprised at how much stiffer this was to my EJ BBB
La toja shave stick - thanks Nigel

Just waiting on the blue beards revenge and brush holder from shaving shack n

Very nice wee parcel this morning courtesy of Scorpio & his Mum (thanks m8). Ever Ready SE with two complimentary shave samplers. I'm looking forward to trying out the Barbus.

JohnnyO. :roll:

La Toja shaving stick arrived this morning, many thanks Nigel :)
Thanks also to Urban hermit,,,plenty there to keep me busy,,confused even :shock: :D they arrived this morning.
regards, beejay

Small parcel from Germany today, containing a very slim razor, and a stick of divinely scented soap :lol:
Fermarud.jpg

I really couldn't be bothered to set up a tripod this time, opting instead to mutilate the shaky photo even more. The monster Hamburg Ring is there to show how skinny the other one is. It's a Fermarud, by Gebrüder Lang.

beejay said:
La Toja shaving stick arrived this morning, many thanks Nigel :)
Thanks also to Urban hermit,,,plenty there to keep me busy,,confused even :shock: :D they arrived this morning.
regards, beejay

Oh good. I love confusing people without even having to do anything surreal or even 'somewhat odd'. They are itemised, in my own way, and I did email to give advanced notice. Have fun. :)

On the acquisition front here at home:

Dateline: Wednesday, 01-09-2010.

Today the post brought a plethora of goodies. Including a replacement razor head from EJ/TESC; a pot of Proraso soap from Nigel (thanks dude!); Nanny's own handmade soapy grandness in the forms of her new (and splendidly scented according to first whiff test) Rose Geranium soap, along with an equal amount of her new formula/olde tyme odour Eucalyptus soap (smells quite interesting actually - still not sure why all those Koalas get so ultimate fanboy about it but, hey, to each their own), and a teeny-tottle-in-a-tiny-bottle of her Warm Spice cream (ta muchly Sharon!).

From the bay d'E-ness an ultrasonic cleaner by Delta High Living (who wha??)! Anyone used one by this brand? - or got the URL for the instruction manual (for the 600ml sized one)?

• Still waiting on some spindles from the states from cooncat bob (about a month now - bloody terrorists messing with my shaving fun!), and trade stuffs from Manish of Maharaja Shaving, in Mumbai (bloody monsoons and flus messing with my shaving fun!!)[/list:u]
      • Time to eat, maybe play with the USCleanie-thing then maybe try and set up a no-holds-barred eXtrEme lather contest to see what new soap to use in tonight's shave.
          • Or work on my "eenie meeney miny mo" skills, perhaps.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom