Acquisitions Mon. 30th Aug. to Sun. 5th Sept. incl.

I like to look through these threads to see all the great things people have picked up here and there, even though very few things make me go "oo, I want one" now.

Still, I like seeing those collectible razors being picked up for pennies at car-boot sales, antique fairs and junk shops as well as lucky 'scores' on mis-listed items on ebay.

Happy hunting.

hunnymonster said:
hunnymonster said:
A boxed Gillette New - no cracking visible to the handle... which is nice.

In case any octogenarians are watching and desperate for a birth year razor, the serial number dates it to 1921.

Oooooh - having degunked it and polished it, it's a pretty beast now.... It would appear to be silver plated judging by the smell of the tarnish. Now shining like bogies on the top lip of a native African.

moodymick said:
Unfortunately both I and the Mrs like the 88

I liked the 88 smell in Cologne but not the soap, it is a great soap in, perfect lather almost like Penn's EF old formula., but try as I may I cannot get on with the soap. After my holiday (away til next Tuesday) it is going see if I can swap it for an O*C thay someone dislikes or it goes to PIF (Gannet squadron stand by).

Such as shame because the cologne is one of those complex dusky rose scents that I would normally love, ah well the wallet breathed a sigh of relief as I wanted the glass gar when I first seem it and that is £90 with a soap :shock:

Got a missed delivery from Fedex on the doorstep friday evening. Won't receive it until Monday or maybe Tuesday.Got them to redeliver it to my new workplace , will I be able to resist opening it ?

Who are you kidding???....no of course not. Remember to take a pocket knife. Last time I got package on the way to work (postie stopped me in the car). It was a sellotape ball that would have had Sunbury in orgasams (think it was vintage thin sellotape), I used my teth to bite it,I used the shit plastic cutlery at work to cut it but and it still took 20 minutes to get into to it.

Audiolab said:
Who are you kidding???....no of course not. Remember to take a pocket knife. Last time I got package on the way to work (postie stopped me in the car). It was a sellotape ball that would have had Sunbury in orgasams (think it was vintage thin sellotape), I used my teth to bite it,I used the shit plastic cutlery at work to cut it but and it still took 20 minutes to get into to it.

you could have saved it for me, i am getting trouser tinglings just thinking about it !!! ;)

Well - I felt like I was channelling sunburyboy this afternoon... Into an antiques fair, good look round found a boxed C1 Silver-tip Flair-tip Superspeed for £4. Then when I went to pay for it, the chap on the counter asked where it was on the stand and he misinterpreted my ambiguous reply, thought it was in the £2 section, so I got it for £2 :mrgreen:

hunnymonster said:
Well - I felt like I was channelling sunburyboy this afternoon... Into an antiques fair, good look round found a boxed C1 Silver-tip Flair-tip Superspeed for £4. Then when I went to pay for it, the chap on the counter asked where it was on the stand and he misinterpreted my ambiguous reply, thought it was in the £2 section, so I got it for £2 :mrgreen:

You are learning the ways of the Master
telepathy_link.jpg

sunburyboy93 said:
hunnymonster said:

You are learning the ways of the Master

Better not mention I was in Blyth's neck of the woods either
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animate.gif

Back
Top Bottom