Acquisitions Mon 2 August to Sun 8 Aug inc.

I got my local potter to make me another shaving bowl. This one has a slightly larger base for ease of holding. Great value for £12. If you can support a local potter it's really a very good way of getting exactly what you want.

Bowl.jpg

Bottle of Tabac AS from Lorna at Scentsandscentsibility. Came with a free small bottle of Tabac shower gel :)

Highly recommended!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scentsandscentsibility.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.scentsandscentsibility.co.uk/index.php</a><!-- m -->

In today:

Some alum blocks (few for my sister)
Connaught Violet Luxury shaving cream 100ml (decided to give it a try)
D.R. Harris Old English Lavender Water 100ml
D.R. Harris shaving stick 50g (Almond)
Three Indian shaving cream tubes
Merkur 41 (Paul's seconds)
Merkur 42 (ditto)

Edit: Opened the parcel and found that Paul from Connaught has included a very nice sample of his "Luxury" shaving cream. Just as I had been debating whether to get this one or the violet one when I placed the order. Now I'll get a chance to try both! Thanks Paul.

006.jpg

003.jpg

Today I received a sample of Alcolando Glacical from Damian Murphy (cheers mate) and my bottle of Old Spice Lime from the group buy turned up at SWMBO's work......... and she left it there :cry:

The wife and I popped down town yesterday! We went in to the Body Shop where I purchased some Maca root Shaving cream. I will use it for the first time tues. night or Wed. morning. :hungrig

2 pots of the new Coates Ltd Edition Tea Tree and Rosemary cream landed today at chez IanM from The Gentlemans Shop.

Should be giving that a whirl in the morning.

Ian

Got a bit of a bumper pack today!

Blade sampler pack
Ingrams shaving cream
Proraso shaving cream
Badger and hone towel
TOBS jermyn st
TOBS Avocardo (returned for Eton college)

Can't wait to try it out! I'm also just waiting for a 40s super speed I won on the bay from the states.

I'm really liking the look of the local Potters shaving bowls.

Pike's Ezy edge barbers hone in box
3 Valet autostrop razors
horribly disfigured Sheffield marked open razor

All part of the same lot on the bay. I bought it for the hone, the Sheffield razor was a bonus not in the descrpition or picture. I was all excited, a free bit of Sheffield steel! for a few seconds until I took the time to digest the state of it, oh well. 'The Celebrated Hollow Ground' was now a 3/8 wedge. From the looks of things you'd need to turn what's left of the steel into one big bevel. Might help me build some muscle memory. Free scales at worst.

Got a pot of the Coates Limited Edition cream yesterday.

Tried it today and thankfully the tea tree is mild. I do like Tea Tree but I think it could easily overwhelm the other scents in the soap, the scent in this is more like Old Spice Limes with just a hint of the added ingredient, I can still smell the Rosemary which is a nice combination. This cream lathers easily to a lovely thick lather and it provides a nice shaving experience. I have never tried the older Coates stuff so can't say if it is any better/worse/just the same as the NOS Coates but standing alone it holds it's own against any of the good creams.

The tub comes in a nice box and a donation to the British Legion is made from every tub sold, just think there are people all over the world wishing they had a stockist of this and here we have several, nice to be spoiled for choice and long may it continue ;)

A Jar of Eucalyptus shaving soap from "The Nanny" arrived this morning.

1st impressions are good - nice and fresh.

The Body Shop brush (the only brush in my possession at the moment) will make a poor performer out of the best of soaps (even Tabac).
So I'm impatiently awaiting delivery of my new, and 1st ever badger brush, which is currently on a slow boat from China.

simmo3801 said:
James

Hope you like it! What state was the tub in?

Hard to detect much of a smell at the moment, will come out on use I'm sure.

The tub has a 2p sized hole i the outer skin, but the inner skin is fine so the soap itself is still totally airtight. No problems at all, I hope yours are the same.

Back
Top Bottom