Acquisitions Mon. 13th Sept. to Sun. 19th Sept. incl.

I think that within a job lot of 6 razors from Ebay, I have taken delivery of a HD Rocket.

Says "made in England" on the bottom and "Pat Pending" in the blade tray.

Weighs 70/71 grams according to my scales and has a much fatter handle than my other Rocket and my Parat.

Little bit of marking to the TTO knob like someone has used mole-grips on it but apart from that, in pretty good nick. Should clean up lovely!

Not bad for around a tenner plust posting!

I just got a few bits..

N1gMw.jpg

Williams Aqua Vella, since I'm worried about running out.
Kenzo - Kenzo Power Cologne (Lovely stuff)
Nivea Sensitive After shave Balm

and.... a Weishi - 9306 TTO with 10 free Astra blades. (I hope I can get along with this, since I'm planning on using it as my "travel razor")

That's it for today...

FB.

KRF1963 said:
I think that within a job lot of 6 razors from Ebay, I have taken delivery of a HD Rocket.

Weighs 70/71 grams according to my scales and has a much fatter handle than my other Rocket and my Parat.

Little bit of marking to the TTO knob like someone has used mole-grips on it but apart from that, in pretty good nick. Should clean up lovely!

Just found out why the Rocket looks like it has beet attacked with mole-grips! I think is has as when I was cleaning it the TTO knob siezed up with the gap closed :cry:

The head then completely unscrews from the body!

Any ideas if/how this can be fixed?

hunnymonster said:
Well it's either rusted up or crudded up inside - would be my guess.

So I'd send it for a trip in the ultrasonic cleaner - in a warm 50% vinegar solution. If no ultrasonic cleaner to hand, a light simmer in the same.

Either way, it wouldn't appear to be possible to make it worse.

I just happen to have taken delivery of an ultrasonic cleaner this week!

The TTO worked fine when I first tried but after a soak in Jif, the head unscrewed instead!

Will bung it in the ultrasonic and see what happens.

Thanks!

KRF1963 said:
KRF1963 said:

Just found out why the Rocket looks like it has beet attacked with mole-grips! I think is has as when I was cleaning it the TTO knob siezed up with the gap closed :cry:

Just sussed out why the head comes free. The 'weld' or rivet between handle and head has come adrift allowing the head to spin.

I have managed to 'fix it' insofar as I can get a blade into it, close it and use it but no longer as chuffed as I was when I first opened the package.

It's a shame as it cleaned up beautifully. It is really shiny!

KRF1963 said:
KRF1963 said:
KRF1963 said:

Just sussed out why the head comes free. The 'weld' or rivet between handle and head has come adrift allowing the head to spin.

I have managed to 'fix it' insofar as I can get a blade into it, close it and use it but no longer as chuffed as I was when I first opened the package.

It's a shame as it cleaned up beautifully. It is really shiny!

Its not really a weld more of a crimpted collar some light taps with a screwdriver and hammer should bend the collar back over in place and secure it.

Blue Stratos shaving cream
Blue Stratos EDT
Jo Malone Black Vetiver Cafe cologne (thanks Peter)
Godrej lime s/c sample and OS lime sample (thanks again Peter)
2 empty Trumpers crown top splash bottles (for witch hazel and Blue Stratos a/s. Thanks Vinny)

Hmm, Blue Stratos :)

Lucked out on these, less than a tenner for both :D. For me it was a score. It seems to be very nice steel in the oldy, but you never know (I´m no expert, Neil on the other hand is and will know :) ).
mikael-albums-straights-picture8107-snb13474.jpg

mikael-albums-straights-picture8108-snb13478.jpg

2 of Nannys soaps
samples of DRH Arlington and Marlborough cream from Paul @ connaught (does arlington remind anyone of RAID fly spray - not in a good way?)
1tub Coates ltd edition cream
1 sandalwood hand soap from Paul - not strictly a shaving item, but from a shaving supplier

Matt

Back
Top Bottom