Acquisitions - December 2022

At ruddy last!!!

AL9nZEV1GSHulkMrIx3DPh03n6MX0u6k4JzKF2MfX94nHLsBCRA5nh3hSpaE8iGy_p0aQg-7_arW5Eyg1Hs3K7J780GwKHHaOAELzJXMRC9I5b2pujPzmsswQcuWYDd8fiuXXJZJZfB5bvckjbECNSG_IZleow=s800

Purchased mid-November. Where have they come from? America? Europe? Nah! Tamworth, a mere hundred miles down the motorway. They've been stuck in purgatory with Evri for nigh on a month! All's well that ends well ... they're with me now.

Shave with the Ranger yet?

Good grief, man! It only arrived this afternoon.

That, and I'm not right fussed about TTOs. Not to sound churlish, but it's rather one for the collection than one to shave with. If it were a real Tech, well ... I could get more excited about that. I know, I know, it's a waste and what's the point and all that. It'll probably irk me like that damn silver Single Ring or that silver Tuckaway that nobody wants to buy. Bah! I'll get around to it some time.

Good grief, man! It only arrived this afternoon.

That, and I'm not right fussed about TTOs. Not to sound churlish, but it's rather one for the collection than one to shave with. If it were a real Tech, well ... I could get more excited about that. I know, I know, it's a waste and what's the point and all that. It'll probably irk me like that damn silver Single Ring or that silver Tuckaway that nobody wants to buy. Bah! I'll get around to it some time.

Any particular reasons why you don't get on with TTO's?
I've got quite a few vintage razors, maybe around the 10-15 but only the one TTO, a Gillette Rocket but I've never really taken to TTO's as much as vintage 3 piece razors.

Any particular reasons why you don't get on with TTO's?
I've got quite a few vintage razors, maybe around the 10-15 but only the one TTO, a Gillette Rocket but I've never really taken to TTO's as much as vintage 3 piece razors.

I just like a three-piece razor. Less so, a two piece. TTOs just don't do it for me. Same with ASR single edge, the 1912 is a joy in my hands but the Micromatics ... nah! I was surprised that I could get almost a week together with a different one each day when I had a brief run through the other week. Exception to the rule is the Wilkinson Sword Sticky which I find utterly tactile and a sheer joy to open and close.

I have that Astra Slim Twist clone, a late G1000 with the long Sterling handle, a Rocket, Rocket HD and two Wilkinson Sword Stickies. Now, the Ranger Tech. Oh, and a Red Cedar < Russian largely plastic razor. I had a practically full compliement of Rockets and Super Speeds at one point, ditched the lot a few years back ... but the Rocket & Rocket HD slipped back in.

No, dunno what it is. Just choice, I guess. I never took to injectors either.

Well added a third, not quite sure why I felt the need haven't looked up a rough date but was cheap so why not. Not in as good condition as my other two techs but I'll give it a clean up and see if it's worth giving a go or sit it on the shelf

Attachments

• PXL_20221211_145717023.jpg
    PXL_20221211_145717023.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20221211_145620329.jpg
    PXL_20221211_145620329.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20221211_145701444.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221211_145701444.MP.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom