Acquisitions - December 2022

Well added a third, not quite sure why I felt the need haven't looked up a rough date but was cheap so why not. Not in as good condition as my other two techs but I'll give it a clean up and see if it's worth giving a go or sit it on the shelf

IMO it's the most enjoyable Tech to use in the shave. I absolutely love mine.

...I guess. I never took to injectors either.

o0D9ZAK.jpg

One could conceivably keep taking punts on ebay Techs until one gets a shiny example from one's birth year. The also-rans would make excellent PIFs as they aren't too expensive and even murky looking ones are worth a shave for someone who hasn't tried one.

One could conceivably keep taking punts on ebay Techs until one gets a shiny example from one's birth year. The also-rans would make excellent PIFs as they aren't too expensive and even murky looking ones are worth a shave for someone who hasn't tried one.
Techs are great razors, birth year means nothing, and plating is for snobs. But by all means, buy several, and keep them all!

If I happen across a tech, or any interesting razor thats the right sort of money really, and takes my fancy then I'll have a punt. Half the fun of it as you never quite know what you'll get particularly if your top price is very low.... Considering I see razors selling for more than 20 times what I paid for all three of my techs, probably all my razors combined, it makes for a bit of cheap entertainment and some nice bits to collect

Techs are great razors, birth year means nothing, and plating is for snobs. But by all means, buy several, and keep them all!

I actually really like the razors where the plating has worn off, they can have a character and uniqueness to them.

I think we are often conditioned to want things which are as unblemished, shiny and perfect but for old/vintage brass razors, even if aesthetically they are less than perfect they can perform beautifully. IMO, as fine as they may be as a collectors item or an artifact from a byegone era, I believe as a functional item is where they truly shine.

Only if you were born between 1938 and 1976!

Merry Christmas me.

I have been shaving daily with an AS-D2 for the past couple of years. I think its a great razor and it seems to have almost the perfect weight and balance for me. But it has been leaving me slightly disappointed with the closeness of shave and I have been doing more buffing lately than I prefer. Hoping that the Overlander takes me another step closer in efficiency. Plus always good to support the local craftsmen.

IMG_0260.jpg

Merry Christmas me.

I have been shaving daily with an AS-D2 for the past couple of years. I think its a great razor and it seems to have almost the perfect weight and balance for me. But it has been leaving me slightly disappointed with the closeness of shave and I have been doing more buffing lately than I prefer. Hoping that the Overlander takes me another step closer in efficiency. Plus always good to support the local craftsmen.

View attachment 97397
Enjoy! The overlander is my current favourite, very smooth and efficient even when going ATG.

Arrived late yesterday.

Been waiting for a while for this to arrive. I thought with the ER 1912s, the jewel, it would make a nice addition to the SE razors I have.

See SotD for first run out (it wasn't a great experience)

Thought it had rust on it to start with, but a little soak, brush and polish and it was ready to go.
Actually in pretty good condition with some scratches and just a tiny bit of brass showing through the plate on the base of the stem.

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_081956__01.jpg
    IMG_20221213_081956__01.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 20
Arrived late yesterday.

Been waiting for a while for this to arrive. I thought with the ER 1912s, the jewel, it would make a nice addition to the SE razors I have.

See SotD for first run out (it wasn't a great experience)

Thought it had rust on it to start with, but a little soak, brush and polish and it was ready to go.
Actually in pretty good condition with some scratches and just a tiny bit of brass showing through the plate on the base of the stem.
Brass doesn't rust. Shave with the cap on your face.

gem_mmbt_instructions2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom