Acquisitions 3rd to 9th June

Never found a kilt that hot to wear, my dad's old army one is certainly too itchy to go commando in but they tend to even out in temperature. I keep my Sgian Dhu in my right hand hose top which is only right as anything that expensive should have a special name.

Acquisitions.

f7075093-dbae-4d28-a2d7-05b1bfdf5e53_zps0c5b5310.jpg

e81ffec7-6f4e-4d61-be73-5058abfa28e1_zps1434c52a.jpg

A Boots #4. Anyone know anything about them?

Looks like it'll need a bit of a soaking and combing to get the knot looking right again. I'm assuming it's just a "Pure", it doesn't say anywhere.
Though the handle was the real reason I wanted it.

Count of Undolpho said:
Never found a kilt that hot to wear, my dad's old army one is certainly too itchy to go commando in but they tend to even out in temperature. I keep my Sgian Dhu in my right hand hose top which is only right as anything that expensive should have a special name.

Acquisitions.

f7075093-dbae-4d28-a2d7-05b1bfdf5e53_zps0c5b5310.jpg

e81ffec7-6f4e-4d61-be73-5058abfa28e1_zps1434c52a.jpg

A Boots #4. Anyone know anything about them?

Looks like it'll need a bit of a soaking and combing to get the knot looking right again. I'm assuming it's just a "Pure", it doesn't say anywhere.
Though the handle was the real reason I wanted it.

I have one very similar with no writing on it. The tips have turned a yellow colour over time. I have been told (and the softness suggests) that mine is a Silvertip.

I will try to post a picture later if you wish.

Regards,

Cyril

Hairsuite said:
I have one very similar with no writing on it. The tips have turned a yellow colour over time. I have been told (and the softness suggests) that mine is a Silvertip.

I will try to post a picture later if you wish.

Regards,

Cyril

Cheers Cyril I'd appreciate that. The handle has a Vulfix/Simpson look to it which would make sense for a post war "own brand" brush.

NotTheStig said:
Nice! What colour ink is it?

It's a Bic Black medium, do you want a shot without the brush in the way?

The brush, after a modicum of research, looks like a re-badged Rooney. On the off chance you were referring to the brush NotTheStig the No4 is black and the Boots is bluey black transfer.

Back
Top Bottom