Acquisitions 24th - 30th May incl.

A box full of brushes arrived this week. More about them later.

Look at this lot. I ordered a Vie Long Silvertip 16510 and this package turned up. I'd forgotten that it came with a free travelling case and bottle of Proraso A/S balm. And look at the brush packaging which includes a plastic brush stand. The brush is very soft and flexible - as expected with a loft of 59mm/23mm knot. It will be a truly luxurious cream brush at least.
I'll post a review in due course.

Feels better. I was having withdrawal symptoms not being able to post here.

DSC_2277.jpg

That looks like a very attractive brush Fido, not that I'm particularly well versed in these things. Are you not taking your flag to Scotland then?

As for me, a Wester Bros. 5/8 square point in ersatz ivory scales, as seen in BST recently, and two generous samples of cream from FactorMax, part of the nascent TSR sample exchange effort.

10 Shogun blades
10 Feather
10 Nacet
10 Kai
10 Supermax platinum. All from DrIdiot.

3 Speick sticks and a bar of "Italian soft shave soap" - not sure if it is the same as P.160. All from Rasurpur.

Looking at that Vie Long and i am sorely tempted Fido - though i want to hold out for one of your New Forest ones 1st! That will be the next brush i buy, the remainder will have to wait :lol:

HWMBO wanted a few garden bits from Aldi - yes we are still on holiday, but you know. Anyway, took a wander down the village high street and had a nose in a Polish deli.

Bought a very nice vegetable samosa and a bottle of rose water - shall give it a whirl tomorrow if I get a chance. Smells lovbely.

This shaving mug after I broke mine, eBay crapshoot but it is actually quite good and not as big as it looks in the photo. From a now defunct company called Franklin Toiletry Company (New York) and marked 1976, in superb condition for its age and it came with the original box.

Mug.jpg

Audiolab said:
This shaving mug after I broke mine, eBay crapshoot but it is actually quite good and not as big as it looks in the photo. From a now defunct company called Franklin Toiletry Company (New York) and marked 1976, in superb condition for its age and it came with the original box.

Mug.jpg

That's a nice-looking mug, Audiolab!

And courtesy of Neo who kindly went to Trumpers for me and picked up two of the Sensor handles they are selling off for a tenner each. Really stunning, in their day they were probably £80-£100. One is a nice faux tortoise shell which weighs in at 32 grams and the other is a solid metal handle which is 85 grams. Worth a tenner of anyone's money if you still have a requirement to use a cartridge and like the Sensor.

Sensor01.jpg

Yes the mug is a cobalt blue, really nice piece, I think it is meant to be used with a soap in the bottom and you lather on top of the soap but I am just going to use it as a lather mug/brush soaker.

The Box it came in

Mug02.jpg

And with a pack of blades for scale

Mug03.jpg

Mug04.jpg

Audiolab said:

Mug.jpg

I was watching that on ebay,was abit too pricey for me though but im from Barnsley so unless its ten bob everything is too pricey :lol:

Got this off ebay for only £3.50 (£2 for it and £1.50 for postage)

BuEVJ4gCWkKGrHqQOKkIEvOS3oqeWBL-vJW.jpg

Floris Shaving soap in wooden bowl (ebay). Two Schick razors, both vintage I think! (American ebay). I hope I don't get ripped off by our PO when they eventually arrive on our shores! If this doesn't happen, then they will have turned out to be a real bargain. :D

spandex..

Back
Top Bottom