Acquisitions 1st Mar - 31st Mar 2016

Following on from my Tabac shave stick last week I realised that I wanted the A/S again so picked a bottle up earlier along with the balm.

Arrived home to find my package from Gemstone waiting for me. Blue Proraso cream and balm, Kapo cream and 100 Rubies.

I haven't really bought any new software (apart from scents) for about 2 years so I'm having a bit of a relapse!

I know that Wickhams is back in business, but has the formulation been changed in any way? I have the Spice Trade in the old tub with a red lid, one of the first soaps I acquired, in fact. Lovely old-school scent :)

This is the first time I've sampled any of Wickham's soaps, so I really couldn't tell you. I'm impressed enough with this one, though :)

A ZY Chinese straight razor from eBay as discussed in the straight razor forum for the huge sum of £7 which I thought made it worth the risk. Very surprised after my first shave with it after a light stropping!!!!

Just collected from DO:
25092578134_3fbd80d2de_c.jpg

Arko seems to get rave reviews and is dead cheap. I'm tempted to try it as my first soap.

Do you know is the stuff in the plastic bowl the same/as good as the stick?
Can't answer the Q, but you got to try it! Its great stuff IF you like the smell I love it and strangely the Mrs like the scent too!
99p a stick delivered using barbertrades ebay shop... I've chopped it up into a bowl anyway...

Arko seems to get rave reviews and is dead cheap. I'm tempted to try it as my first soap.

I bought two last week, one for me and one to pif. But I'm not getting on with it, it's leaving my face sore and red, Its yours if you want to try it. Been used three times

I bought two last week, one for me and one to pif. But I'm not getting on with it, it's leaving my face sore and red, Its yours if you want to try it. Been used three times

Thanks for the offer, but I'll let somebody else take you up on it. I'll just stick some on the order next time I'm buying stuff I don't need.

Arko stick and soap in the bowl are exactly the same. Smell, formula everything same, one is stick shaped other one round shaped.
Peel little bit of the paper and dip it in hot water and just rub it on your face and hit with wet brush, you will be amazed by the slickness of the lather

Back
Top Bottom