Acquisitions 1st Mar - 31st Mar 2016

I received backup vintage Floris No. 89 aftershave and shaving soaps today.
a1koUgv.jpg

Just back from a short trip to an area located a thousand plus miles east of Moscow.

Few local gems which include the well-known Svoboda after shave balm/cream containing Vitamin F (£0.59/$0.89 for 75ml), two shave creams, a thick Arko after shave balm, a couple of wonderful local hand creams (again containing Vitamin F), and finally some locally produced hand/body soaps just to try them out.

IMG_1667_zpsgizxup9f.jpg

The Arko balm resembles tremendously -in packaging, texture and scent- the Vaseline after shave balm (another rare gem that can more or less be found only in Dubai or Thailand). However I reserve any final judgment until I get to try the Arko.

Paid £2.20/$3.30 for the lot. Heard from a local friend (female, attorney in her profession) that the Svoboda after shave balm is 'top quality' also because of the many Certifications such products carry.

IMG_1714_zpsb3pnqqzu.jpg

Fantastic stuff Dan! Very Jealous of your vintage soap collection. Hope you're well:)
Thanks, just had to start a formal grievance procedure at work to preserve my professional reputation, but apart from that it's fine. The Imperial Leather bowl is unfortunately empty and I've just been outbid on some vintage soap I'd mentally lined up to go in it. That's life :confused:

Back
Top Bottom