Acquisitions 10th - 17th May

Rather ironic given your username. ;)

You my friend have a very vivid imagination, bit early to be on the sauce? :lol:

But i am curious as to it's use, can't be that expensive with the manner in which i found it but still.........

huxley said:
Rather ironic given your username. ;)

You my friend have a very vivid imagination, bit early to be on the sauce? :lol:

But i am curious as to it's use, can't be that expensive with the manner in which i found it but still.........

Huxley, ....I am crushed! You hear me, absolutely crushed! From your reply, It would appear that you don't believe a word of what I have said! Well I'll tell you what I think, I think you've made enquiries since my last post to you, and found out the true worth of that wonderful object you have there, and are now back pedalling on the information in case someone finds out where you live, breaks in - steals it and sells it to an International Art collector for exceptionally big bucks - who will lock it away in his cellar, never to be seen again!! Well when you start buying Trumpers gear by the sack load, custom Dovo Straight razors with Mammoth bone handles by the dozen and giving them away to family and friends as gifts - we'll all know where you got all the dosh from won't we? Yes, we'll all know then Ha,HA,HA :? As for the suggestion I may have been imbibing,well I havn't see, but because you have upset me so much, not believing me an' all, that's exactly what I'm gonna do right now, we've got some Armagnac somewhere I think, now let me see, where did I put it last..mumble...mumble, he,he.he... :cry: :?

When SWMBA returned from her rootling around town, she handed me a parcel and said theat one of the postie tellers at the local substation asked her if she had come by to pick up my parcel. She said we didn't know there was one waiting to collect. teller asked "Wasn't there a card left for us to say I had a parcel. Answered in the negative, but she gave it over to SWMBA anyway.

From the Shaving Shack:

- Vulfix No 6 'Old Original' 'bleached' Boar with "the Shaving Shack" printed on the front. Not exactly as it appeared on the site. It was plain black handle & 'black' bristles. Didn't realise how, much larger the red Omega Pro 49 is compared to this as the Vulfix is £2 more expensive. Still it looks and feels pretty good - will give it the maiden vogage shave tomorrow probably.

- red Omega 49 Pro. The handle is huge in real life, but not unweildly. I used it tonight and it lost 3 bristles! It was flexible but had spine. It was soft yet firm enough to do the ol' exfoliation biz. Good stuff ... just a huge red handle.

- Feather blades as the 'free gift' - first ones owned. I used one in the 39c Slant tonight and it was ok. Not sure about all the hype etc., and wonder if a 7 O'clock yellow, or an Iridium wouldn't do the job as well, and less expenxively. Time will tell.

Oh and I also spoke with my 'local/non-nline pusher, um, I mean enabler, er, that is supplier - yeah suppllier of pogonotomistic goods. Just a - stop in to say "hello" sort of thing as I was pssing by one of his Gents' Haircutting establishments.

Chatted a bit about Edwin Jagger* soaps and creams etc., he handed me a sample of each 'flavour' AS, as another attempt to drag me further in ... I mean to see if I was perhaps taken by their performance, and such.

* His two, and one other fellow's place, are the only local/offline distributors, at least in Sheffield/South Yorkshire area.

In addition to the Gem Jr and Derby blades that I got from users on here, I also bought a pot of Trumpers Limes cream. Very nice it is too, a more pleasant scent than the TOBS Lemon & Lime although the lather seems to need much more water than the other soaps and creams I've tried.

Just picked up an Ever Ready SE razor in original cardboard box for £3 at a car boot sale.

My wife said it was nice and gave me permission to buy it which makes a change!

I assume that the standard DE blades don't work with these. Any idea what I need to buy and where is the best place to but them from?

Also won this pipe stand on ebay <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260597515244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0597515244</a><!-- m -->

I hope that the holes are big enough to take my razors. I liked the fact that it has a compartment/drawer below which will be handy for blades etc. SWMBO does not know about this purchase!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/gemss.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/gemss.html</a><!-- m -->

It's a great razor

A Ever-Ready featherweight. so thats 4 SE's I've got now :roll: .

Tony

!Bov0HOgBmk~$(KGrHqYH-EYEu,IBc6wYBLop,4N-+w~~_12.JPG

moodymick said:
Thought i would see what all the fuss is about and picked this up last night:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....290954&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Then after getting car washed this afternoon, called in to Tesco's for a few bits n' bobs and caught these on offer from £1.75 to £1 each (17 in case you were wondering!) :p

img0081vw.jpg

Ha, Ha ! ...Nice one moody - an ever ready for £ 3.94 inc p&p !! I think you must hold the record for lowest purchase price for this item. Well done mate, I think you've just got in before the price of these babies start to rise due to curious shavers - I should'nt wonder - although I could be wrong I suppose :roll: As for your other purchase, I reckon you ought to sell "smelly" some of those :lol:

spandex..

spandexcodpiece said:
moodymick said:
Thought i would see what all the fuss is about and picked this up last night:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....290954&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Then after getting car washed this afternoon, called in to Tesco's for a few bits n' bobs and caught these on offer from £1.75 to £1 each (17 in case you were wondering!) :p

img0081vw.jpg

Ha, Ha ! ...Nice one moody - an ever ready for £ 3.94 inc p&p !! I think you must hold the record for lowest purchase price for this item. Well done mate, I think you've just got in before the price of these babies start to rise due to curious shavers - I should'nt wonder - although I could be wrong I suppose :roll: As for your other purchase, I reckon you ought to sell "smelly" some of those :lol:

spandex..
Incidentally, I notice your Bristol based like me, so which branch of tesco's did you go to in order to make your deodorant purchase ? ( I might well pop down to my local one - if you have'nt cleaned em out!!! ) :D

Back
Top Bottom