Acquisitions 10th - 17th May

Lovely Ever Ready; not seen either a handle & head like these before (apologies for the poor photo - haven't had time to shoot this one properly yet):

IMG_1310.JPG

I got Citrus with hint of Nutmeg soft shaving soap, Lavender improved recipe soft shaving soap from nannyssillysoap and a nice alum block from the local Asian supermarket (70p :shock: )

nice and cheap week very happy with everything the Lavender is fantastic !!

Bought a C&E Sienna in bowl from N1vlo yesterday.

Also took advantage of the Gentlemans shop 10% off and ordered a ToOBS Rose cream, Proraso white tub and Trumpers Coconut soap.

Everyone seems to rave over the rose scented stuff, and with the decline of the decant club i thought i'd buy a tub. If i am not keen, watch out on the BST :D

fozz77 said:
Very nice Lagaffe. I hope it performs as well as other ER's.

It performed brilliantly :D

There's only one ER head that I have that I don't get along with, although I'll need to check tonight whether it's the 1914 or 1918 as I can't remember! It's far too mild and the blade never gets close enough to shave very well.

Tue

Received from The Irish Barber:

One Muhle case for my R89;
One GFT Fern soap;
One Muhle black shaving brush stand.

Excellent packaging, quick delivery.

Overall: The Irish Barber - highly recommended.

IMG_0864.jpg

andyjreid said:
Got another 2 bottles of Old Spice Fresh Lime through the post today. Another winner from Connaught.

How many bottles do you have now. Are you concerned it may be taken out of production or something?

N_Architect said:
One Muhle case for my R89;

You must be liking your Mühle R89 now if you've purchased a case. Who is the Irish Barber?

NatJag said:
andyjreid said:
Got another 2 bottles of Old Spice Fresh Lime through the post today. Another winner from Connaught.

How many bottles do you have now. Are you concerned it may be taken out of production or something?

2 unused bottles and a bottle in use. Im not concerned about it going out of production. It just works really well for me, it's affordable, it smells great so I just thought I'd get a few while I had some extra cash. Also because it's made in India it may be hard to source at some point or as you say, it may go out of production.

Thats not why I bought it though. It simply is one of the best aftershaves I've ever used.

NatJag said:
Who is the Irish Barber?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.irishbarber.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.irishbarber.com/</a><!-- m -->

Adam, if memory serves. Which possibly it doesn't because I'm halfway down a bottle of bubbly at the glass-eye idiot resigning whilst simultaneously trying to obliterate the idea of Elvis Cameron taking over.

elvis1.jpg

Few words on acquisitions

NatJag said:
You must be liking your Mühle R89 now if you've purchased a case. Who is the Irish Barber?

Indeed, I like the R89 more and more. What I love is that it is less cumbersome than the Futur and Vision, and you can take care of small detail areas (e.g. under the nose) with it.

I started off looking for grooming supplies about 6 months ago. Till then I was mostly using the Gillette Fusion with either Gillette canned gel or one of Omega/C&E Nomad creams. I knew nothing about this or the other forum(s), had no idea of some really good vendors or producers that we have around here. I had the Futur and the Dovo straight but my lathering and DE technique was so poor that I was not happy at all.

Not knowing the nice vendors and producers we have here so as to get some good supplies, I began to look into Amazon.co.uk. I found The Irish Barber, the Nkd Man and some other vendors that sell some stuff through Amazon. The Saving Shack was there as well, but would not ship abroad. Then I found The Gentleman's Shop through one of his videos in YouTube. That was the first time I ever saw an alum block. I had no clue what it was. Then it all started to work together.

I am very happy with The Irish Barber, but they don't stock few brands I'd like to try. Connaught Shaving is great as well, pretty extensive choice of goods. This lead me here, I was in the other forum looking for suppliers in the UK and someone told me about the fact that there is one good site that contains the word shaving but is banned over there. Then I arrived here. Vintage Scent I haven't tried yet but he's my next choice for stock so that I can try La Toja and 444.

However, I just found a new vendor (EDIT: Shaving.ie) and decided to give them a try. Pretty large order may I say. Let's see how this Speick AS intensive cream works, for example...

So more stuff and reviews coming soon.

lagaffe said:
fozz77 said:
Very nice Lagaffe. I hope it performs as well as other ER's.

It performed brilliantly :D

There's only one ER head that I have that I don't get along with, although I'll need to check tonight whether it's the 1914 or 1918 as I can't remember! It's far too mild and the blade never gets close enough to shave very well.

It's the 1918 head that doesn't work for me.

AJP said:
Bought a C&E Sienna in bowl from N1vlo yesterday.

Also took advantage of the Gentlemans shop 10% off and ordered a ToOBS Rose cream, Proraso white tub and Trumpers Coconut soap.

Everyone seems to rave over the rose scented stuff, and with the decline of the decant club i thought i'd buy a tub. If i am not keen, watch out on the BST :D

"Decline of the Decant Club" ! Since when AJP ??

spandex... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom