Acquisitions 10th - 17th May

lagaffe said:
lagaffe said:
fozz77 said:
Very nice Lagaffe. I hope it performs as well as other ER's.

It performed brilliantly :D

There's only one ER head that I have that I don't get along with, although I'll need to check tonight whether it's the 1914 or 1918 as I can't remember! It's far too mild and the blade never gets close enough to shave very well.

It's the 1918 head that doesn't work for me.

I have not come across one of those. I have the same issue with the bullet tip Micromatic, unfortunately.

Robert's 10% discount at The Gentleman's Shop was a bit tempting, so just ordered Castle Forbes Lavender cream, and Castle Forbes Pre-shave. Bought the travel size pre-shave, as I just wanted to give it a go.

Ian

My PIF Gem Micromatic OC arrived today from the States [and no Spandex the customs man didn't stop it], only problem is I can't shave with it yet, still have man flu and my top lip is rather sore due to constant blowing of my snozzle and my skin feels very tender due to me not being a well bunny, so my shaves over the last week have been very lack lustre,still something to look forward to :mrgreen: .

TTFN

Tony

IanM said:
Robert's 10% discount at The Gentleman's Shop was a bit tempting, so just ordered Castle Forbes Lavender cream, and Castle Forbes Pre-shave. Bought the travel size pre-shave, as I just wanted to give it a go.

Ian

Ian,

you are so gonna enjoy that CF Lavender, it really is the dogs bollocks. The only reason i haven't bought any yet is i am taking the mrs away next week and i need the cash!

moodymick said:
IanM said:

Ian

Ian,

you are so gonna enjoy that CF Lavender, it really is the dogs bollocks.

That's what I have been hearing. I really like the ToOBS lavender cream, and the Harris lavender is ok but the scent is weak, but the CF appears to be a good cream with a nice strong scent, and given that my TOBS is about to run out, I did it.

Ian

Got some Gillette Super Silver in the post today.

gss.jpg

They seem to take a good slagging on B&B and they don't seem to get much mention on here. Maybe they are that bad, maybe not but for £1.50 for 10 I fancied trying them out.

my "new" £10 acquisition arrived today from the states.....looks like it has not been used...very happy

andyjreid said:

gss.jpg

They seem to take a good slagging on B&B and they don't seem to get much mention on here. Maybe they are that bad, maybe not but for £1.50 for 10 I fancied trying them out.

FWIW: I bought some of these from the same fellow I sourced my Bleu Extras from and I can't remember much being wrong with the shave they gave.

Urban Hermit said:
andyjreid said:

gss.jpg

FWIW: I bought some of these from the same fellow I sourced my Bleu Extras from and I can't remember much being wrong with the shave they gave.

Cheers, Im toying with the Idea of bulk buying some Bleue Extras but just wanted to try out some others first.

Tony_B said:
My PIF Gem Micromatic OC arrived today from the States [and no Spandex the customs man didn't stop it], only problem is I can't shave with it yet, still have man flu and my top lip is rather sore due to constant blowing of my snozzle and my skin feels very tender due to me not being a well bunny, so my shaves over the last week have been very lack lustre,still something to look forward to :mrgreen: .

TTFN

Tony

Hi Tony! sorry to hear you're not too well at the mo'. Glad our P.O didn't ask you for money before delivering your Gem! I have had a couple of deliveries from the States recently which didn't incur extra expense, but then again, both deliveries consisted of very low cost items, so I expect that would have been the main reason. Get well soon mate,

All the best,

spandex.. :)

n1vlo said:
my "new" £10 acquisition arrived today from the states.....looks like it has not been used...very happy

..Congrats niv' looks superb! Been away for a few days, just got back today to discover the three sticks you posted to me. Get this, the postman who delivered them showed initiative. He couldn't get 'em in the letterbox - obviously - so he actually put the parcel in a white plastic bag, and lobbed it over our wall, wrote on the card what he had done and shoved it through our l.box. It's what any good postman worth his salt should do anyhow, but fair play to him, good man and all that...

'Bye,

spandex.. :D

Interesting one, went into a shop that sold all manner of things wooden, and found this little gem for £9. :)

It's made from bone. That's about all i know.

P1070064.JPG

P1070065.JPG

huxley said:
Interesting one, went into a shop that sold all manner of things wooden, and found this little gem for £9. :)

It's made from bone. That's about all i know.

P1070064.JPG

P1070065.JPG

Good grief huxley! Do you realize what you have there? It's a 2nd century, Anglo-Saxon Maiden - hair container!! The females of better off Ango-Saxon communities had to shave a certain part of their anatomy, and place the result in a box exactly like this one. This was then given to the new husband on their wedding night before the nuptials took place!! There is only one other in as good a condition as the one you have there! And that one is displayed in the Tower of London. It was the one that Queen Victoria gave to Prince Albert on their wedding night!! That example you have there will be priceless my man!! When they had the one in the Tower valued last year, the authorities reckoned it was worth approximately £7,000,000. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom