A PAL Adjustable question

So on Billy's advice I started with the adjuster in mid-position, PAL blade injected. After the first one inch stroke, I dialled it down to quarter way to 'L'. After the second one inch stroke, I dialled all the way down to 'L'. After the third one inch stroke I tried to inject a Schick blade but couldn't get the key to slide home so I reached for a Weber already loaded with a 74 and had a good shave.

With my specs on I could see the Schick and the PAL dispensers were the same and so loaded a Schick blade into the Pal Adjustable - see how we go tomorrow.

Either I blootered the PAL blade when I injected it or the PAL blade is NBG. If the Schick blade is any good, we'll have the answer to that one!

I remain one of those who don't know how to, Billy! I want it to work because I like the razor.

Strange! My face turns to a pound of mince if tickled by a feather but I found my PAL adjustable to work perfectly well. I found I could turn it right up to finish the little awkward spots and shave the rest in mid-position. Although I'm a confirmed Mongooser nowadays I take the PAL when I'm travelling and still love it. Using Chinese Schick blades.

What you need to watch is that you don't run the blade across the blade stops ...Those NOS PAL blades are also crap...Its so easy to run the blade across the stops in this particular razor Sir....Even for the experienced user....The Chinese Schick Injector key as you say doesn't do well with this razor for some reason and I forgot about that until now Sir....My apologies on that one....Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't....I don't know why....These injector keys can have their nuance's with different injectors I have noticed...:rolleyes:

It might be a good idea to dump your NOS PAL blades and decant some Chinese Blades into the PAL Injector key....The PAL Injector key was specially designed for that injector....That's what I do myself....I did mention that everything about the PAL Injector is subtle and this is one of them.....Injector keys all look the same, but they are not...Take it from me...:eek:

I would try and use it on the second setting and take it from there ...Its easier to find the blade on the PAL with a wider blade gap on a milder setting and take from there ....o_O

I hope this helps....:p

Billy

What a wonderful razor! With a Chinese Schick blade it is a dream - it goes somewhere in my Top Razor list!

A brilliant shave, actually - a Rod Neep Retro and Carson's Apothecary Exotic Oud slop and the PAL Adjustable with a Chinese Schick blade - superb. The mid-point L to H is a tad aggressive for me so I'll dial it down a little for tomorrow's shave - my a/s tells me to do this. A DFS first time out.

As with the Cobra, I have a little difficulty with the triangular handle - easy enough to learn new grips but I like to roll the handle for facial contours rather than my wrist. A small whinge that does not detract from the experience of this razor.

That is just as well, really because - looking for one thing and find another - it turns out I now own two of them!

Last edited:
What a wonderful razor! With a Chinese Schick blade it is a dream - it goes somewhere in my Top Razor list!

A brilliant shave, actually - a Rod Neep Retro and Carson's Apothecary Exotic Oud slop and the PAL Adjustable with a Chinese Schick blade - superb. The mid-point L to H is a tad aggressive for me so I'll dial it down a little for tomorrow's shave - my a/s tells me to do this. A DFS first time out.

As with the Cobra, I have a little difficulty with the triangular handle - easy enough to learn new grips but I like to roll the handle for facial contours rather than my wrist. A small whinge that does not detract from the experience of this razor.

That is just as well, really because - looking for one thing and find another - it turns out I now own two of them!
Well Sir....That's fantastic ...The PAL Adjustable with a Chinese Schick Injector Blade is one Almighty Razor & Blade Combination....You are now "One of the Few" that now know that the PAL is a very aggressive, smooth and efficient shaver.....They are indeed at the Top of the Razor List as you adeptly put it Sir....I will tell you another thing ....These Chinese blades will hold their edge much longer than a Feather Pro blade...I wouldn't look near a Mongoose for that reason alone....o_O

I would go as far as suggesting that perhaps the PAL/Personna Injectors with the correct blade combo just might be the Almightiest Shaving System the World has Ever Seen...:)

Sheeeeesh.....:D

Billy

Last edited:
....These Chinese blades will hold their edge much longer than a Feather Pro blade...I wouldn't look near a Mongoose for that reason alone....o_O
Can't let that one go!

Love the PAL but love the mongoose too. DON'T love Feather blades despite the rep! Got 20 shaves from a mongoose/Kamisori combo and only changed the blade out of shame. Feather wouldn't look near that and Pro Super tore my face off.

Try the 'goose with Kamisori or Kai.

Can't let that one go!

Love the PAL but love the mongoose too. DON'T love Feather blades despite the rep! Got 20 shaves from a mongoose/Kamisori combo and only changed the blade out of shame. Feather wouldn't look near that and Pro Super tore my face off.

Try the 'goose with Kamisori or Kai.
Sure Sir...I use the Feather Pros in a Feather SS Club....I will need to try some of these blades you suggested though...All things Feather are Hyped out of all proportion by Forums....Interesting thing is...Feather make no such claims on their Web Site....o_O

Billy

I don't know if the Yankers over the pond have been Eerie wigging into our thread but there's just been a number of Personna and PAL Injectors been New Listed on USA Flea - Bay....I wouldn't normally alert folks to Flea - Bay listings as it can have an impact on someone's bidding but these are buy it now jobs...:rolleyes:

They are Corkers...:)
Billy

Another lovely shave with the PAL Injector Adjustable turned down to 1/4. Much less aggressive and easy to use. My a/s suggests it is still a tad aggressive - a surprise as the shave felt so comfortable. I'll go down another 1/8 tomorrow. I'm starting to get the angle dialled in to vary the aggression on tender parts (of my neck).

This is one heck of a razor!!

Another lovely shave with the PAL Injector Adjustable turned down to 1/4. Much less aggressive and easy to use. My a/s suggests it is still a tad aggressive - a surprise as the shave felt so comfortable. I'll go down another 1/8 tomorrow. I'm starting to get the angle dialled in to vary the aggression on tender parts (of my neck).

This is one heck of a razor!!
That's the ticket Sir....I have found the same with the PAL Adjustable....It doesn't need to be turned up to get an aggressive shave from it and as you say she's really smooth and one Heck of a Razor....o_O

Great Report Sir....:p
Billy

Back
Top Bottom