A PAL Adjustable question

I've just received a PAL Adjustable razor - looks good and feels good for having a bit of weight, but - under the head, clamping the blade, is a spring bar. On mine, this bar is broken or free at one end so we have 'PA' on the razor and 'T _ Pending' on the spring bar. Is this a defect or just a result of bending the bar to clamp the blade, ie at manufacture?

Two questions! Are PAL Premium Edge blades any good? - a few came with the razor.

Three questions! Do those Schick twin blades fit PAL Adjustables?

Last edited:
Carl, your description matches up with both my PAL adjustables which I consider to be fully-functioning. I would make the assumption this is how it was manufactured and not some user-inflicted damage.
I've not tried PAL blades but hear that most NOS blades are pretty keen.
And finally, I hear that the heads on the PAL injectors are slightly tight, relative to Schicks. I don't own any Schicks myself but bought into the twin-blade buy so nabbed a J1 from the BST, in hope that my incoming twin-blades will fit it.
I'll probably still try the twin-blades with the PAL ajustable and my injectomatics to make certain.

Three questions! Do those Schick twin blades fit PAL Adjustables?[/QUOTE]

PAL Injectors Do Not Take Twin Blades ....You are up to Destroy your Injector ....That's like buying your bird and pair of size 8 Knicks when she's a size 24....She will burst them wide open....:D

Billy

I have used PAL NOS Premium Injector Blades and they can offer a ruff ride in the first pass...They are excellent finishing blades though and that was in Schick G Type....I wouldn't recommend them for a PAL Injector though as they are rough blades....Use a Chinese Schick blade in your PAL Injector as they work exceptionally well in them.....You use the wrong blade in a PAL injector when you are not used to it and it you will take your face off as they are blade sensitive in my experience..:rolleyes:

Most folks don't have a clue how to use them....o_O

Billy

Last edited:
QUOTE="Bechet, post: 463142, member: 1664"]I've just received a PAL Adjustable razor - looks good and feels good for having a bit of weight, but - under the head, clamping the blade, is a spring bar. On mine, this bar is broken or free at one end so we have 'PA' on the razor and 'T _ Pending' on the spring bar. Is this a defect or just a result of bending the bar to clamp the blade, ie at manufacture?

Two questions! Are PAL Premium Edge blades any good? - a few came with the razor.

Three questions! Do those Schick twin blades fit PAL Adjustables?[/QUOTE]

PAL Injector Comb...:eek:
DSC_0129_zpsmztirvjh.jpg

That's not correct Sir..The bar should be connected to the comb on both ends...If its not then its defective Sir....This is why they get a Bad Reputation...The PAL adjusts by opening and closing the comb on the horizontal plain....

If your comb is disconnected from the bar on one side it will effect how it shaves for sure..These get broken off by folks either misusing them and or them being kicked around and general neglect...Forcing Twin Injector Blades into the PAL was a major culprit of this as well .o_O

If your PAL hasn't the bar & comb connected on both sides like this one its defective...:eek:

Billy

Right! Don't use twin blades. Go carefully with the PAL blades. The spring bar is OK. I'm one of the folks who don't have a clue how to use them - but I'm a quick learner and very intelligent and forewarned. Now to find out how I look later tomorrow morning!

I wonder if I'll like it as much as the Schick Grip, which I like a great deal! 'S'all very exciting this injector malarky! like being a newbie again! Well, exactly like a newbie, actually - or, just being a newbie!

I have a question for the other PAL adjustable users.

Do you find that with the dial set to L (I presume that indicates 'low' as it lowers the guard bar) the razor gives a milder shave than with the dial set to H (high)?
This would be contrary to DE adjustables such as the Futur, Progress, Slim and Fatboy, hence my surprise in noticing the reverse in the PAL.

Do you find that with the dial set to L (I presume that indicates 'low' as it lowers the guard bar) the razor gives a milder shave than with the dial set to H (high)?
This would be contrary to DE adjustables such as the Futur, Progress, Slim and Fatboy, hence my surprise in noticing the reverse in the PAL.
Problem is that the PAL doesn't do raise and lower, it does in and out. 'H' is more aggressive 'L' is less so.

The PAL Adjustable throws a lot of folks here and it has caused a lot of confusion and I fully understand how this might happen Sir...DE Razors and the Schick Adjustable for that matter work differently to the PAL....The PAL Adjustable on the Lowest "L" Setting shows the widest blade gap and this is the mildest setting....Forums are partly to blame for the confusion here as a wider blade gap does not necessarily equate to an aggressive razor as is often expounded....:rolleyes:

The Pal works by opening and closing the comb on the Horizontal Plain...On the Lowest "L" setting we have the widest blade gap, but here's the thing....We also have the least blade exposure and therefore the mildest setting.....Conversely..On the Highest "H" setting we have the Least blade gap but the most blade exposure because the comb is fully backwards almost tucking under the blade..... This is the most aggressive setting...In other words more blade exposure is more important rather than a wider blade gap... o_O

The Schick Adjustable works by utilizing the vertical plain to increase the blade gap and offer more blade exposure very much like DEs as well...This method is less efficient however as after a certain point the razor can become less usable or harsh....This method is easier to use however because it easier to feel the blade and the correct cutting angle...:eek:.

The PAL Adjustable is a more efficient method but its more difficult to feel the blade and the correct cutting angle.....The PAL is a very subtle razor and not so intuitive to use as a Schick Injector....The PAL is far more aggressive than the Schick Adjustable by a long shot, but if the user is not sensitive to its subtle design they may find that it glides over the whiskers without cutting and mistake it for a mild and or inefficient shaver...I would advise a beginner user to try it on the middle setting for a couple of shaves to get used to it....I have never felt the need to use my PAL Adjustable past the 3 Quarter setting.....Chinese Blades work in them very well...I highly recommend them in this particular injector....:)

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom