Closed 1912 SE Pass Around

For the area under the nose I kind of ignore the proper angle going downwards. My method is to start just under the nose with the head parallel to the floor and then with no pressure! I tilt the head downwards towards the lips, hence shaving the area. This felt very scary the first time I tried it, but it works for me. YMMV and you might slice off your face.
I find that I can easily do 5 four pass shaves with a GEM, a total of 20 passes. So if you do three passes, expect to get 6 to 7 shaves out of a blade, maybe even more.
The 1912 is a lovely beast. So much more handsome than a DE razor :p

Second shave with the 1912 SE and it seemed a little easier, and a bit more confident. I attempted the rotating head method described above with some success, I think I need a lot more practice. Still had to clean those little blighters out on the ATG pass. I cant believe how close this razor shaves (dolphin smooth) as someone described it.
Thanks for advice, this GEM razor set up without the shim is ample for me, I don't think I shall be needing to make this baby any more aggressive than it already is.
Cheers

Steve

My time with Ever Ready 1912 has come to an ended it has been posted off to @Glen_Lee this lunch time.
I would like to thank @alancrab for putting up the razor for pass around in the first instance. I have had 5 lovely shaves with it and enjoyed them so much I purchased my own ER 1912. Very much looking forward to having lots of dolphin like shaves.
Once again a big thank you.
Cheers

My time with Ever Ready 1912 has come to an ended it has been posted off to @Glen_Lee this lunch time.
I would like to thank @alancrab for putting up the razor for pass around in the first instance. I have had 5 lovely shaves with it and enjoyed them so much I purchased my own ER 1912. Very much looking forward to having lots of dolphin like shaves.
Once again a big thank you.
Cheers
You have it then Steve..:D

Billy

1st shave with the SE & I really enjoyed it. Tried one of the supplied GEM blades. Very smooth and close shave. Over the next few shaves I think I need to work on the angle, as this is the 1st SE razor I have tried. Surprised by the weight of the razor. Now I get the buttering toast description!

1st shave with the SE & I really enjoyed it. Tried one of the supplied GEM blades. Very smooth and close shave. Over the next few shaves I think I need to work on the angle, as this is the 1st SE razor I have tried. Surprised by the weight of the razor. Now I get the buttering toast description!
Put the top cap of the razor flat on the back of your hand, then pull it along, tilting the handle slightly until you can just feel the blade. That's the angle you want to start with. Don't lift the top cap too far off your face.

Back
Top Bottom