Soap PAA Cavendish
Bowl Kitchen Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers
PAA Cavendish
Favourite soap scent! Excellent lather from bowl. Shave with razor and blade was excellent pairing! Smooth yet sharp enough. No jumping during atg.
3+1 pass WTG, XTG, ATG & buffing. Marvelous shave today! No weepers nor irritation. Ice water rinse followed by Thayers and Cavendish...top of the world! BBS & DFS - Rating 9.8/10
20200416_093256.jpg
20200416_094950.jpg

16/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's / 1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Signature Soap co. Leodis
Razor: Rolls/ / Feather AS -D2
Blade: 7 o'Clock Black (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lavender Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: JPG Le Male

View attachment 53566
That was a Special shave,
I have been trying to pluck up the courage to use 1 of my Rolls Razors for a while now, i bought my first one nearly a year ago, i have about 3 fully functional razors 1 of which i restored myself.
Today i used the newly adopted Rolls from Paul @Blademonkey & Taz. I stropped the blade for about 100 laps beforehand. I also had the trusty AS-D2 on standby "Just in case"
The soap today was a Special soap, @BrianH wonderful Leodis, i used about a hazel nut sized ball in the bowl and i managed to get enough wonderfully scented, thick, slick creamy Lather for about 5 passes if needed. I wanted more lather as i would be taking my time and may have needed to reload the chin. Not needed as the Signature soap is a stayer.
I tentatively began the WTG pass using a similar technique as a STR8 with the blade flat to my cheek then opening the angle until i hit whiskers, the cutting angle is similar to a 1912, although i did find myself using "negative" pressure and very short strokes - - - - well that went well, no blood loss and a lot of stubble removed.
The plan was to do that single pass - well what the hell i thought, I carried on with the XTG pass, again short stokes letting the blade do its work, you can actually feel the blade doing its thing, however, its not an uncomfortable feeling, just not totally smooth. Again, that went well.
So, dare i? View attachment 53570
Of course i dare. View attachment 53569

I lathered up again and set about the ATG pass, the blade is really letting me know that there was still a bit left, again, not in an uncomfortable way, good feedback really. I did get a bit less confident coming up to my bottom lip and under my nose, therefore i did not push myself.
I rinsed off and i have to admit i have a DFS+ finish, some roughness under my nose and bottom lip and 1 or 2 areas around my chin, saying that no-one would know.
I had the Lather and the AS-D2 so i completed a buffing pass taking care of these areas,
View attachment 53568FANTASTICView attachment 53568

I decided to use the Lavender Barts Balm Oil and lotion, this is the last of my trial pack and this shave deserved it, i also finished off with a favourite EDC in the JPG

I am BBS, very, very happy, i have a wonderfully smooth chin and i smell divine. What more can i say.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Your bravery sound to have been well rewarded. Take care and stay safe. Regards Brian

Yup, I have Stirling Fever. Yup, it's a thing! Today Stirling Tuscany came up in rotation. Love the scent of this soap quite a lot. Grabbed the Simpson 59 to lather her up.

I enjoyed my Brit A'crat shave earlier in the week so I decided to reach for the Rocket HD 500 today. Nice and weighty and a great shaver. Not quite as mild as my A'crats but certainly not a Red Tip. Loaded up with a fresh Gillette Nacet.

Three pass, smooth as alabaster shave! Matching AS and a squirt of Habit Rough EDP to add to the glory! Enjoy the shaves and stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500 1955-56
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Simpson 59
Lather: Stirling Tuscany
Aftershave: Stirling Tuscany
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Habit Rouge
6D0AF60B-C58E-40B3-9829-382F06EB967A.jpeg

Thursday AM 2020-04-16

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/WRH7
Schick Plus Platinum (15)
Woods of Windsor aftershave

dhumG5l.jpg

R - Kanzy Tech clone
B - Wizamet Super Irdium (4)
C - Gentlemans Face Care Club original/sandalwood
B - Vulfix 404
P - Real Shave Company

The cheap Kanzy Tech clone + Super Iridium combo is still my favourite shave. Close, comfortable and enjoyable. Personally, I dont find a difference between the Wizamet and the Polsilver S.I. blades.

Last edited:
Sotd-16-04-20.jpg

Sotd - today - which is a day - granted

Prep - Facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso M - are there any other razors? Yes - I think there are - but I can't seem to find them
blade - Nacet (4)
brush - Wee Scot LE tortoiseshell - best
soap - Haslinger - Sheep - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Spanish version - Williams
balm - none needed
scent - none used.

Result? Proper old school. Enjoy your shaves - I.

Date:- 17 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Ravish
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Back
Top Bottom