Wed 15th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Fatboy
Blade Astra 4th
Post & Aftershave
Alum + Special Thayers
Clubman GentsGin
Lather from the soap was good. Scent was wow! Shave with razor and blade quite good combo. Setting 9 for 3pass WTG, XTG & ATG. Weepers from atg pass because forgotten to lower setting. Use alum then special Thayers followed by GentsGin. DFS result with 8.5/10 rating
20200415_071337.jpg
20200415_074836.jpg

IMG_20200415_152417.jpg

15/4/20

Soap - Valobra Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lord Classic SS (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

A really great smooth and comfortable shave today, a great lather with the Valobra & Omega 11819 as well. I forgot how superb the the post shave feel is with Valobra, not greasy or drying in the slightest bit without the need for post shave mouisturisation.

Have a good day chaps.

Wednesday AM 2020-04-15

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
XPEC Original shaving cream (first Forester Milan version)
Paradigm 17-4/Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff
Schick Plus Platinum (14)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

bTNKKVg.jpg

6E1FCFA5-CA87-48BD-BDE7-731F1B09B98C.jpeg
SOTD Wednesday, 04/15/2020

Well today marked my first shave with the aluminum TAR. It was a less-than-illuminating experience. I have never been a fan of light razors, because they make it difficult to maintain ‘negative pressure' for me. However, after three shaves with the brass version, which worked beautifully for me from the first shave, this shave was somewhat acceptable and bloodless. I shaved my face with the razor wide open at 6 and my dome at 4. My major complaint was that I had to concentrate on managing my tremors while also focusing on shave technique, and consequently did not end up with the level of closeness that I seek in a shave. Now don't get me wrong, many would be happy with a good CCS. It just doesn't ring my chimes.

The shave began with a cold water rinse. I selected Palmolive shave cream for today's shave. The Alpha Shaving Brush with its super dense 26mm Two Band Badger again generated a thick, yogurty lather. I really like the feel of this brush on both face and dome. The first WTG pass with the Aluminum TAR didn't clear away the whiskers like the brass version, even wide open. I also noticed that the razor didn't feel as slippery as the brass version. Whether this is an artifact of the guncote coating, or simply reflects my attempt to balance shave technique and avoid positive pressure with this light version is open for discussion. In any case, two and a half passes later at 4 (XTG, ATG, ATG) and I was still left with numerous rough areas, some in places I normally have no problem with.

In conclusion, I'm hoping that my shaves will improve with this aluminum version. Out of frustration, an hour later, I lathered up a fifth time and tried my new SS Hawk V3, which arrived yesterday from Italian Barber. I loaded up a Feather Super blade, and you guessed it, buffed away all the roughness till I had my BBS. The new SS Hawk V3 has a slimmer head than my aluminum Hawk V2, and works much better for me. A quick application of Cremo Post Shave Cooling Balm sealed the deal! We'll see how the aluminum TAR performs tomorrow, but now, in addition to feeling clean and refreshed, I now feel smooooth!

RAZOR: Aluminum TAR (6,4)
BLADE: Suneko(1)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Super Dense Two Band Badger Knot
CREAM: Palmolive Shave Cream
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver AS Splash

Sotd-15-04-20.jpg

Sotd - 15 - 04 - 20

Prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso M
blade - Nacet (3)
brush - Yaqui Moka two band
soap - Musgo Real - Orange Amber - vegetarian but not vegan - lanolin
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Limon
balm - none needed
scent - Musgo Real - Orange Amber Colonia.

Result? - Spiced oranges and lemons - a class act. The Moka is well regarded in both the synthetic and badger versions - with good reason in my opinion - a great brush to use - I enjoyed my shave today - I hope you enjoy yours too - I.

Wednesday 15th April

Cream - Body Shop Maca Root
Brush - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Rockwell 6C R3
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Floid Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave

Hello old friend, Rockwell 6C . . .
This one had been left on the shelf lately, in favour of various other razors.
Loaded with a fresh Silver Blue, set to R3, it comfortably and quietly erased two days growth to as near as damn it BBS finish in two passes - WTG & ATG .
Face latherIng with my 24mm YaqI Tuxedo is an absolute pleasure - it's ever so soft tips give an almost luxury feel to the task .
Finishing with Floid Vigoroso. My shaven skin really likes this aftershave.

Good health and good shaves to you all

P

SOTD : 16th April 2020.

thurs.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Face Lather.

Soap : Clubman Pinaud.

Blade: Derby Extra .(4)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Comfort Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Last use of the Derby extra blade,which hasn't gave me any cause for concern throughout week. In all honesty it's totally surprised me how good it has performed throughout the week considering i normally use a blade twice then it's binned..Good shaving technique is the key to a successful comfortable shave.

Another wonderful shave with the Baili BD177 razor.This razor has totally amazed me how much of a close comfortable shave that i get from it everytime i add it to my razor rotation adding to that it's paired together superbly with every de blade i've matched it up with.

Another very enjoyable 3 pass+ pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 16 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Ravish
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Back
Top Bottom